Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they think we're complete cretins?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

The latest assinine story about drone having been infected by a virus is absolutely laughable.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113575-Military-Drones-Contract-Keylogger-Virus

First off, since when did the US ever admit that its defenses were breached (unless it served an agenda)?

Secondly, these clowns (and I'm an engineer myself) say they wipe the hard drives but the virus just keeps coming back. :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

Strange how satellites haven't been hacked or commercial airlines that run fly-by-wire or any other practically completely electronically automated system.

Nah! This is farcical once again and it's (reliably) comedic. Next time a fücking drone misses a target and incinerates a wedding party 500 clicks away from the intended target then these buffoons in the Pentagon can just spit out "the virus" or some other such shït.

Keep the red nose and the big shoes, Obama.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Secondly, these clowns (and I'm an engineer myself) say they wipe the hard drives but the virus just keeps coming back. :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

What's so strange about that? You being an engineer and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Sounds like the machine used to wipe the HD is infected.

Time for a new laptop.

but, where is the conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Sounds like the machine used to wipe the HD is infected.

Time for a new laptop.

but, where is the conspiracy?

Given jackiebaron's penchant for hyperbole I think he's trying to say that this story has been 'leaked' because the next time they "incinerate a wedding party 500 clicks away from the intended target" for the fun of it, they can just go "the virus did it!".

Which would be fine except that's not what a keylogger does at all.
    So... I dunno who's supposed to be a complete cretin in this scenario.

Advertisement