Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biochem problem

Options
  • 10-10-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭

Wondering can I get some help with these biochem problems. Given the composition of a growth medium and the quantity of each. Peptone has a concentration of 2% w/v and need to find out how much would I use to make up 950ml of medium......

The medium also contains K2SO4 (2g/L), what is the concentration expressed in mM/L?

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

we aren't here to do your home work :p

what does w/v mean ?

have you worked out the molecular weight of potassium sulphate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

w/v is weight per volume, 2%w/v is equal to 2g/100ml or 20g/l. I managed to figure it out anyway, the summer break from college didnt help the brain cells and it was almost like starting over again! Thanks anyway:D

Advertisement