Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MB*Moneybookers-International Scam

Options
  • 10-10-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Folks

I just returned from holidays only to discovered that my credit card has been charged 3 transactions from a unknown company called mb*moneybookers.com. 2 for the day and one the day before.

They all equate to 18.37 -its obviously some scam when you purchase goods they have your number (Scam the card) and then its used for other transactions. I contacted bank of ireland , cancelled my cards and wrote a letter of dispute to the dispute centre. I got a letter today to let me know 'nothing can be done' and to contact the merchant.

I am really annoyed now as I can see from other internet sites that this is a international scam and other people in same boat. I'll be onto the bank in the morning to rediscuss. I am not impressed.

Anyone with any ideas or similar?

Thanks
    Emer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Get onto your credit card, report a fraud and expect a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Did you contact moneybookers, the company who debited the money from your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Moneybookers are not a scam. They're kind of like paypal. Get on to them and ask them what's going on. If you were paying a third party they may have redirected you to moneybookers to enter your credit card details.

You also don't explain why your dispute failed if you told the bank you didn't authorize the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moneybookers themselves are a legit business - however, you don't know where the transactions originated.

Get in touch with Moneybookers, along with any reference numbers that appear on the statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah, Moneybookers are definitely not a scam. I know someone who woks with them and have had dealings with them at work too.

Advertisement