Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insure a car with a broker

Options
  • 10-10-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

Myself and my GF are thinking about buying a second car, based on the fact that she has just passed her driving test you can imagine that the insurance will be very expensive.

I have made few calls and I got some really decent quotes for the two car, however before I commit myself to a 12 month contract I would like to have your advice please, what do I have to check regarding the terms and conditions? is there anything any questions that I should ask the broker?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

peace2804 wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

Myself and my GF are thinking about buying a second car, based on the fact that she has just passed her driving test you can imagine that the insurance will be very expensive.

I have made few calls and I got some really decent quotes for the two car, however before I commit myself to a 12 month contract I would like to have your advice please, what do I have to check regarding the terms and conditions? is there anything any questions that I should ask the broker?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ok well lots to look for.

Fully Comp/TPFT
    Windscreen Cover
    Claim Excess
    Breakdown Cover
    Covered to drive other cars
    Customer Service (important)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Just to add
    Ask what the Brokerage charge is
    Is direct debit available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

OP,you need to be clear as to who insures the car.If you are the registered owner of the car then it must be in your name(the insurance) and vice versa for your girlfriend.

If the no claims bonus you have earned is being used on your own car then its unlikely (though not impossible) that any benefit can be garnered for a second car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I remember too adding my girlfriend, at the time, to my policy with aviva and I got a 10% discount. Well worth stating the relationship.

Advertisement