Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Retriever Rescue

Options
  • 10-10-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I am looking to rescue/ adopt a golden retriever from rescue centre/dog shelter. I have conatacted a number of sites online irishretrieverrescue.com, irish guide dogs, the rehome thread on the Animal and Pet Issues section here etc. but no luck.

If anyone knows of somebody that has a golden retriever that needs a new home please contact me.

Regards
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Sent you pm, came across a retriever x on a web page today if it interests you. Dont think you can post links to rescues up here anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Helen1976

We rescued a 4 month old Retriever in August and he's absolutely fantastic! Gorgeous dogs. Good luck with your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

PM sent,

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

Thanks again for the replies Ruby, Helen and Marley appreciate it. My dad wants a male though as we will share looking after him.

I think he just does'nt want the hassle of her getting pregnant and having unwanted pups.

Have you any advice for me when looking Helen123? Even the obvious as i have never adopted a dog before. Are we right in only wanting a male? If we do get a male have they a better temperment/personality when neutered (i would like to avoid neutering him)?

Regards
    Pat

Thanks again for the replies Ruby, Helen and Marley appreciate it. My dad wants a male though as we will share looking after him.

I think he just does'nt want the hassle of her getting pregnant and having unwanted pups.

Have you any advice for me when looking Helen123? Even the obvious as i have never adopted a dog before. Are we right in only wanting a male? If we do get a male have they a better temperment/personality when neutered (i would like to avoid neutering him)?

Regards
    Pat

If you are going down the rescue route Pat, it's a condition of the adoption that the dog is neutered/spayed at 6mts if not already done by the rescue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Why would you avoid neuturing Pat?

No responsible rescue would rehome a dog without neuturing or neuturing as part of contract

I think he just does'nt want the hassle. of her getting pregnant and having unwanted pups.

Regards
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

marley123 wrote: »
    Why would you avoid neuturing Pat?

No responsible rescue would rehome a dog without neuturing or neuturing as part of contract
    [/Quote]

Thanks for the replies folks. As I said I have never adopted before so I did not know they were already neutered.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marijame

Could I please be sent details of the female retriever please thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Anyone still looking for a GR? I know where there are 4 puppies for re-homing, PM me for info.

EDT <These are long gone now!>

I'm on the hunt for a Golden Retriever if anyone knows of one looking for a new home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

RubyGirl wrote: »
    I'm on the hunt for a Golden Retriever if anyone knows of one looking for a new home.

Pup or adult? Does it have to be full GR?

TillyGirl wrote: »

Either but not to to old under 3 if poss. I would have to have a look at them to see depends whats they crossed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

RubyGirl wrote: »
    TillyGirl wrote: »

Either but not to to old under 3 if poss. I would have to have a look at them to see depends whats they crossed with.

1 year old male retriever/yellow lab cross :D

Advertisement