Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grant

Options
  • 10-10-2011 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello Im Attending Gti. And i was wondering when the student grant will be coming in. thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Bigman3456 wrote: »
    Hello Im Attending Gti. And i was wondering when the student grant will be coming in. thanks :)

In my experience (though never been on the grant) it's up to the county councils and you should contact whatever one you applied through.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Between now and the end of october i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

if you applied late enough, would that have a huge bearing on matters? also how do you know when your grant is in or if you have been approved? does the awarding authority contact you via post/email/phone or is it done through the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

When you have been approved, your county council will notify you by post. As for actually receiving it, I don't think any grants are awarded until all are processed, basically everyone from the county gets them on the same day regardless of when they applied - that's from personal experience anyway.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

Bigman3456 wrote: »

Plc's students are paid on the 15th of each months for nine months - that is if you have been awarded. If you are awarded late this will be back-dated. If you have missed the first payments, this means you will get two payments in the following month.:)

Any idea when regular students are paid in Limerick City VEC? Also any idea what happens if you're rejected? Are you sent a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

You will definitely get a letter one way or the other. It should arrive soon possibly before end of October.

hillbloom wrote: »
    You will definitely get a letter one way or the other. It should arrive soon possibly before end of October.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

do you really have to attend 100% of your lectures to collect a maintenance cheque in NUIG?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Euskadi1888

aramush wrote: »
    do you really have to attend 100% of your lectures to collect a maintenance cheque in NUIG?
    I should hope not. Lecturers already resort to sneaky methods of making sure you show up to their slideshows as it is, refusing to use Blackboard, putting out misleading information on it etc

Besides, not all lectures take attendance so there's no way of telling.

Jesus I never ever heard of something like that. I can't guarantee it definitively, but I would imagine that such a condition would have had to be signed off on by yourself when you submitted your grant form and couldn't be imposed by the college (seeing as its not their money to withold....)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Of course you don't, as long as you are registered you'll be able to collect to grant.
    100% certain on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

right after 4 months of appy getting numerous forms and documents including jc nd lc results(dont understand why),forms of revenue etc iv been eventually told today that im getting the grant,post came to my hse today,question do i have to get my parents to send up a form and get the college to stamp it or will the college be notified via co council,last week i got a few calls regarding the payment of half my fees before 31st of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

skinny90 wrote: »
    right after 4 months of appy getting numerous forms and documents including jc nd lc results(dont understand why),forms of revenue etc iv been eventually told today that im getting the grant,post came to my hse today,question do i have to get my parents to send up a form and get the college to stamp it or will the college be notified via co council,last week i got a few calls regarding the payment of half my fees before 31st of this month

Bring in the letter you got from the council saying that you have been awarded a grant to the fees office in NUIG (Aras Ui Chathail, first floor), they will take a look at the letter and will handle everything from there(they will get in contact with your grant awarding authority then). Once the Uni sees the letter then you will be fine.

skinny90 wrote: »

Which council outta curiousity? still waiting on Limerick City Council to get back to me!

When are the Scholarship Maintenance Grants paid?
    For the 2011/2012 Academic Year the VEC Scholarship Grants are paid in three instalments as follows: 1st Instalment - 18th November, 11. 2nd Instalment - 24th February, 12. 3rd Instalment - 20th April, 12.

From Limerick City VEC website.

Advertisement