Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 50's Show, RDS Dublin

Options
  • 10-10-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Last year I was blessed to get two free tickets to the Over 50's show in the RDS but haven't managed to find anything online this year yet. Anyone got any links please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

RDS Link
    I've not been to this event, infact I've not even heard of it. I may go along just to have a look around.
    Forum meet up opportunity if anyone else is interested?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

No freebies on RDS site but still hoping. I think An Post had an offer last year but nothing this year so far. I know senior citizen groups, ladies groups and ICA sometimes get freebies but I'm not a member of any of those. The Seniors Magazine have a two-for-one offer which you can download and print out. I need two for me and two for my neighbours in their 70's who have always paid and didn't know about freebies so I'm hoping to help them out this year.

You haven't heard of it OG? I (literally) dragged hubby to it two years ago and he was quite surprised how many interesting stands there were, last year my daughter accompanied me and she also found a few interesting stands, you never know what you will find.

Anyway I'm still on the hunt for freebies!:D

Got to the Over 50's show today. Lots of stands. Have to say, far too many holiday stands for me but others seem to be interested. There are some stands dealing with health conditions, etc., also a coin collectors fair and of course the Genealogy section is pretty good. Anyone else got any feedback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Got to the Over 50's show today. Lots of stands. Have to say, far too many holiday stands for me but others seem to be interested. There are some stands dealing with health conditions, etc., also a coin collectors fair and of course the Genealogy section is pretty good. Anyone else got any feedback?

Nothing JB...haven't been....these links may help anyone thinking of going....would be good to get some feedback from people over the coming days if anyone has attended...share thoughts etc...:)

http://www.seniortimes.ie/mysitecaddy/site3/

http://www.seniortimes.ie/mysitecaddy/site3/shows.htm?item=4563

http://www.rds.ie/cat_event_detail.jsp?itemID=1093157

The Over 50's Show is coming back guys and gals, if you are young enough to get the freebie tickets, be there, or be square!:D 12-14th Oct.

http://www.seniortimes.ie/mysitecaddy/site3/shows.htm?item=4563

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

Had a look at the website for The Over 50's Show.When I click the link for "Get Free Tickets Posted or Emailed to You" nothing happens.Does that mean they're all gone??Or am I doing it wrongicon9.pngWould love to go this year

ms horatio wrote: »
    Had a look at the website for The Over 50's Show.When I click the link for "Get Free Tickets Posted or Emailed to You" nothing happens.Does that mean they're all gone??Or am I doing it wrongicon9.pngWould love to go this year

Nope, I just tried it and it works. Its a bit slow but it opens an email to the exhibition company. Click it again and wait - the email will open. If you still have problems just email them at info@slp.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Jellybaby are you sneaking in to this show? :)

Hope you enjoy it, it sounds like it could be a great trip.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Jellybaby are you sneaking in to this show? :)

Hope you enjoy it, it sounds like it could be a great trip.

No, I never sneak! Have often been found to squeek though!! Yep I hope to be there and I already got my freebie tickets, yayyyyy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

In case you have problem getting tickets below what I got back by reply::D

Please find attached a free Over 50’s Show ticket download which you can print off as many times as you want for free admission

Apologies if you are looking for posted tickets but this is a much more effective and less costly way of getting the tickets to you

We look forward to seeing you there and enjoy the show

• Advertisement
Advertisement