Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private music lessons - Garda Vetting

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I'm currently a music student and I want to try teaching to get that extra dosh but I'm not sure weather I should go ahead and Teach or if I need to get Garda Vetted? The lessons would probably be done in my house and they'd be one on one.

Do I need Garda Vetting and if so where can I get the form? anywhere I look it says you need to get one through a organisation...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I'd be shocked if you did. A plumber doesn't need vetting to come into your house with a toolbox of wrenches, saws etc

Fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

I may be working with young kids though, or does that even matter?
    Thanks I can finally start making fliers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DublinRescuer

I would have said no until you said you will work with young kids.. You must have garda vetting if you work in Health care , public service (most), OR working with children... personally i dont like working with children on my own as its a big risk in my OWN OPINION..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

As far as I understand it, individuals can't apply for garda vetting no matter who they work with - only organisations can. So if you were working for a school, the school would apply for the vetting, and then give you the form to fill out.

There's a pretty good FAQ on the Garda website here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I do instrumental teaching in two different schools...one organised guarda vetting for me and the other didn't ask for any so as post above has suggested that its more likely up to the institution themselves. Seeing as your giving lessons on your own you won't need any guarda vetting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

Would/could my College Vet me?
    I'll probably need it as more than likely I'll be teaching kids as I'd feel a little awkward teaching someone older than me...
    Thank you for the help! I'll probably chance my arm and if anyone asks I'll just say I'm appling for it?

Advertisement