Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low alcohol beers and wines/how do they affect you?

Options
  • 10-10-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi all starting hormone replacment therapy soon and need to minimise my alcohol intake long term . So I'm wondering whether people here can recommend low or non-alcoholic wine and beer?. I'm also wondering whether they still make one drowsy?.
    Thanks
    Z

***was in non drinkers section but got no response.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

There is a cheap wine called Lambrusco that it really nice but I've never gotten drunk off it because there isn't much alcohol in it. You can get it in a white, red and Rose and it's available in Dunnes and Tesco. it's about 2.39EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    There is a cheap wine called Lambrusco that it really nice but I've never gotten drunk off it because there isn't much alcohol in it. You can get it in a white, red and Rose and it's available in Dunnes and Tesco. it's about 2.39EUR

Yeah it's a sparkling wine, generally only 4% and very cheap. Lidl do it for €2.50 or something. A nice drink for a BBQ or something but is a tad bit too sweet for me. Girls seem to love it as they have more of a sweet tooth when it comes to alcohol generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

bought carl jung non alcoholic white wine,could only drink 2 sips.....revolting,the worst wine ive ever tasted...thats all i did,taste,couldnt drink

Advertisement