Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip in side of camper :-(

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There is a guy advertising on done deal for camper repairs get him to at least give you a rough price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cover that with tape until it gets repaired to keep the water out.

If you want to put in on the long finger sail repair tape does a great job of keeping the water out and won't disintegrate like duct tape et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Cheers. I have it covered with gaffer tape for now and will fill it this week.

I'll use an epoxy followed by a metal filler. Sand it down and spray it as close to original as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Swanner wrote: »
    Cheers. I have it covered with gaffer tape for now and will fill it this week.

I'll use an epoxy followed by a metal filler. Sand it down and spray it as close to original as possible.

You can, but it'll never look right. IF the panel flexes too much it'll crack the filler, and the skin of the MH is embossed metal, you'll end up with a smooth patch where you fill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Aluminium can be hard to bond with epoxy there are special primers, west systems do a product called gflex should be able to get it in most chandlers, the guys i linked to in the spray glue thread probably have a white label version of it if you call them. Regarding matching I'd just cover it with a trendy camper sticker and forget about it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=(camper%2C%20motorhome)%20(decal%2C%20transfer%2C%20sticker)&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5251&rt=nc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=2

• Advertisement
Advertisement