Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you collect the grant in dcu?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hey I applied for the grant very early this year just wondering what the story is when it comes in?

Do they pay it into your account or do you have to collect it as a cheque? Every college does it differently I believe.

Also is there a way of checking if it's in or not online? Obviously not expecting it for a while but need it soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

You collect it from the registry, show you're student card and they give you an envelope with the check.
    Sometimes they send out an email to say your areas grants have been sent out but otherwise they should have a list outside the the registry office in The Street saying which counties are available.

I don't think any are out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭XPS

Snacker wrote: »
    Hey I applied for the grant very early this year just wondering what the story is when it comes in?

Do they pay it into your account or do you have to collect it as a cheque? Every college does it differently I believe.

Also is there a way of checking if it's in or not online? Obviously not expecting it for a while but need it soon!

...and if you are DCC they have sent out the remittance so the cheque should be there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

I'm not I'm afraid. i'm a bogger :p Do they usually send an email or just some people? I applied on the day the forms came out for my pgrad course, so was hoping I would get it earlier than most in my county

DCC are really good. They email to let you know and then just transfer into your bank acc a few days later.

It would be best to give them a call. If you are a postgrad (like me) it will most likely be a bank acc transaction - mind you, if the CoCo is the dark ages, expect a cheque!

XPS wrote: »
    DCC are really good. They email to let you know and then just transfer into your bank acc a few days later.

It would be best to give them a call. If you are a postgrad (like me) it will most likely be a bank acc transaction - mind you, if the CoCo is the dark ages, expect a cheque!

DCC is Dublin City Council?

• Advertisement

Snacker wrote: »
    DCC is Dublin City Council?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

I know Westmeath County council are sending theirs out all next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

The list is up outside the registry, and updated as they come in.
    A few are in already I think.

Noodleworm wrote: »
    The list is up outside the registry, and updated as they come in.
    A few are in already I think.

Yeah I saw that i'm literally broke and not by my own faults need it this week such a joke it takes so long

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

Cardor wrote: »
    I know Westmeath County council are sending theirs out all next week!

are they out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

xaoifsx wrote: »
    are they out?

Yeah.. I collected mine last monday! - The 17th!

Cardor wrote: »
    Yeah.. I collected mine last monday! - The 17th!

If anyone hears of Galway let me know...

Advertisement