Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threat Signal - Self-Titled

Options
  • 09-10-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's a recurring theme for 2011 but following hot on the heels of Evanescence's less than stellar self-titled album I recently got a hold of Threat Signal's third album. Strangely similar to Evanescence they seem to be a band getting steadily worse with age. Their first album was fantastic, the second album less so but with the occasional high point. I have listened to the third album from start to finish a few times now and not a lot has jumped out at me. Most of the songs seem to have sacrificed melodic aspects for technical proficiency.

Has anyone else listened to it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I too think their first album is awesome, I liked their second one and I had forgotten to get the latest one. I did however listen to the track Fallen Deciples a few times and I think it just lacked the rawness which under reprisal contains. I think they had been saying that this album was their most intricate and heaviest. I just think they just need to write more bitchin' tracks like Inane and Rational Eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I think they had been saying that this album was their most intricate and heaviest.
    It probably is but as I wrote in the first post that seems to have cost them in terms of melody. So far I have found nothing like this in the album that I'm going around humming:

I just think they just need to write more bitchin' tracks like Inane and Rational Eyes!
    Agree 100%. I am going to give this album the benefit of the doubt and listen to it a good bit though just in case it's a grower.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I must get a copy of it myself actually.
    I'm quite surprised that these guys aren't as well know, as I remember playing rational eyes for my band mates and they never heard of them, much to my amusement! Lets say they were fans after that!

Advertisement