Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 Partarm

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a CS250 installed, working fine when fully armed. However, Neither of the Partarm options let me walk about the house without triggering the PIR. I know that to set the PIR to swith off when Partarmed, I need to get to the engineer menu. But, I have no idea of what the engineer code is, and never have. I never even knew there was a different menu for the installer. Is there anyway that the company would have a record of the engineer code that was set. I have tried the default codes and have gotton no responce from the touchpad. Thanks for any info anyone might have :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Moved from Musicals, this seems to be a more appropriate forum for the question (if I'm right)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The factory code is 1278, Alarm companies normally change it to their own. If you know what company installed it try give them a call and they might change the settings over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DavidAT

star-pants wrote: »
    Moved from Musicals, this seems to be a more appropriate forum for the question (if I'm right)
    You are a saint :P First time posting, followed the example and ended up in Musicals. :L :D

Thanks, Have tried all sorts of codes, including nembers in series from the phone numbers supplied, with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I recommend you call out an alarm company who can reset the alarm but the other thing you could do is disconnect the beam but only if it's not an integeral part of the system ie. the window/doors have shocks & contacts. But it's best to have all the detectors working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

DavidAT wrote: »
    I have a CS250 installed, working fine when fully armed. However, Neither of the Partarm options let me walk about the house without triggering the PIR. I know that to set the PIR to swith off when Partarmed, I need to get to the engineer menu. But, I have no idea of what the engineer code is, and never have. I never even knew there was a different menu for the installer. Is there anyway that the company would have a record of the engineer code that was set. I have tried the default codes and have gotton no responce from the touchpad. Thanks for any info anyone might have :)

Another option would be to inhibit the zone when arming the system. All you have to do is get the zone number, enter your code, scroll down to inhibit and put in the zone number, when you arm the system it will inhibit the zone. You will know it has worked as it will come up inhibited when arming. When you unset the system the zone come back into the system.

Yeah, I've been inhibiting it for a while when I've been going to bed, but I'd still like to have the engineer code and be able to set new sensors as required.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you called the installation company?
    Failing that shop around a few company's & price getting it defaulted & reprogrammed. It wouldn't cost too mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

DavidAT wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been inhibiting it for a while when I've been going to bed, but I'd still like to have the engineer code and be able to set new sensors as required.

Your only option would be to get the engineer code or else get an engineer to default the system and set it back up for you.

Advertisement