Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Action all the way in this one with the outcome indoubt right until the final laps. Great performances through the field. Another great race in what has been a season of great races.

What did everyone else think?

Rate the Race 26 votes

0%
    3%
    Sheeps 1 vote
    3%
    Northern Monkey 1 vote
    23%
    miketvBeekaykirvingtonedefDevilman40kAutosport 6 votes
    30%
    Slutmonkey57bdonspeekingleshamacachiEvilMonkeycherryghostratedR[Deleted User]losthorizon 8 votes
    26%
    Ghost TrainKevskiMyrddinGrim.mickdwproulxLionbacker 7 votes
    7%
    LIGHTNINGlord lucan 2 votes
    3%
    De Hipster 1 vote
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Wellllll, while the race was in doubt I still have major quibbles with the racing. It really is all coming down to strategy and pit stops which I have to say is leaving trackside racing a forgotten art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wellllll, while the race was in doubt I still have major quibbles with the racing. It really is all coming down to strategy and pit stops which I have to say is leaving trackside racing a forgotten art.

How long have you been watching F1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

amacachi wrote: »
    How long have you been watching F1?

Sad to say just over 30 years. In my defence I was very very young when I started taking an interest in it. I still have newpaper clippings of the early 80s. Must dig them out from my parents house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You remember '97-'06 then? There's plenty of on-track racing, whether it's overtaking or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Didn't really get into the race, love Suzuka but just not a classic race. Good that tyres played a part, DRS didn't seemed to add much maybe because it was into a fast corner. Maybe I was just too tired that time of the morning :) Good to see Jenson win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Race was good, tight at the front. Wasn't a classic though, I think it was just nice to see Vettel get pegged back a bit and not dominate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Average race in my view, only watched the highlights and it was a very slim highlights package

Who voted a 10? You must be kidding!
    I voted 10 by mistake, should have been a 9 because I really love Suzuka, which was a multiplier for me. Good points about the race are first of all that JB won the race, second we had a championship win (fair enough it wasn't that exciting) but there was still lots of racing through out the entire field, third of all I just love how fast the cars look going through the first sector. They look completely amazing. Fourth of all, because there was nearly yet another Hamilton vs Massa incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,332 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Average race in my view, only watched the highlights and it was a very slim highlights package.

I can never get any kind of a feeling of how good a race was from the highlights. I watched it live and watched it again last night and I thought it was a 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I dont really enjoy a race more if a certain driver wins, a driver winning the DC doest effect the race rating. Suzuka is one of my favs track in the calender but I thought it wasnt a great race. Most of the overtaking were simple enough moves on the way up to turn 1 (apart from Webbers/Sutils at 130R).

It doesn't matter if you don't really enjoy a race if a certain driver wins or not, that has literally no baring on my vote. I do, and it's the same as a football fan enjoying a football match more if the team they support wins. It's one of the many variables of a race that adds to the enjoyment of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I rated it a 4 - have to say I was bored off my seat, barely made it through the entire race. The TV coverage director didn't help either - I've yet to see footage of Alonso taking Vettle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I was away on hols and had it Sky+'d and only just watched it. Decent race but not a Suzuka classic. Gave it a 5.

Advertisement