Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the day: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

So who was everyone's driver of the day? For me it had to be Button, a superb performance that saw him come back from third at the start to win following better management of his tyres. He had a pretty cool head at the end of the race as well when he let Alonso get within 1.1s before opening a comfortable gap at the flag

Driver of the day 43 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    4%
    Eglinton[Deleted User] 2 votes
    Lewis Hamilton
    0%
    Jenson Button
    0%
    Fernando Alonso
    81%
    v10Slutmonkey57bDe HipsterdonspeekingleshamacachiFirewalkwithmeInquitusmuckwarrior11811tonedefsham69lord lucanEvilMonkeyGhost TrainMyrddinfrostie500cherryghostScrubsfanChrisAfterDuskDibble 35 votes
    Felipe Massa
    2%
    Lionbacker 1 vote
    Michael Schumacher
    0%
    Nico Rosberg
    11%
    vectraLIGHTNINGsmellslikeshoesGrim.decisions 5 votes
    Bruno Senna
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    0%
    Pastor Maldonado
    0%
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    0%
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Sergio Perez
    0%
    Sebastian Buemi
    0%
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Keikki Kovalainen
    0%
    Jarno Trulli
    0%
    Daniel Riciardo
    0%
    Tonio Liuzzi
    0%
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome d'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Nico Rosberg
    It was between Button and Schumacher for me. Button really has become the epitome of maturity and keeping a cool head over the last few years. There is faster drivers but non as cool and calculating as him, he keeps out of trouble and always seems to be in the right place to take advantage of changing situations.

Scumacher also deserves a mention, he was the best of the rest today and done well to end up in front of a Ferrari. He mixed it up well with drivers in better machinery. I really do hope Mercedes can next year give him a car to prove he can challenge for wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fernando Alonso
    Button got my vote too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Fernando Alonso
    I gave it to Button as well. Hes truely mushroomed into a great driver (not that it needs to be said). Showed great composure again today.

Schumacher again drove a great race with only a half decent car and took great advantage of the safety car. Cant believe he is still behind Rosberg in the standings. Would love to see a decent merc next season. I just hope Schumacher is around next season.

Brundle said that Michael today was the oldest leader of a race since Jack Brabham in the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Fernando Alonso
    Voted for Button cause I just really like him at the moment. I didnt really rate him back in 09, that Brawn was just miles ahead of the pack at the start of the year and he took full advantage of that. But he's driving fantastically lately, has bags of confidence, and is leading the team and constantly out racing Hamilton.

But Alonso was probably the driver of the day in reflection. 3rd fastest car, 5th to 2nd, and he could have won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fernando Alonso
    ratedR wrote: »
    Voted for Button cause I just really like him at the moment. I didnt really rate him back in 09, that Brawn was just miles ahead of the pack at the start of the year and he took full advantage of that. But he's driving fantastically lately, has bags of confidence, and is leading the team and constantly out racing Hamilton.
    The Red Bull was the fastest car overall that year, had more poles than anyone else too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Fernando Alonso
    amacachi wrote: »
    The Red Bull was the fastest car overall that year, had more poles than anyone else too.

Hence why I said the start of the year. First couple of fly away races the Brawn was streets ahead. Button won the title in the first 7 races and held onto his lead by the skin of his teeth while the Red Bulls put the pressure on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fernando Alonso
    Points count the same all season long and Red Bull had a faster car for the season. Button took advantage of it, had Vettel been smarter in the first couple of races alone he could've taken the title. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Fernando Alonso
    Huge schumacher fan but Button was class again yesterday.
    Will be intersting next year how he and Hamilton perform.

I agree about Schumi, would be great to get a good car under him as he has definitely found his form, probably doesnt want the season to end.
    Was hoping for a podium from him but doesnt look like we'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Fernando Alonso
    I've really warmed to Button this year. Seems like a nice guy and extremely cool in all circumstances. That,and the fact he's showing Hamilton how it should be done!:pac:

JB gets my driver of the day with Schumi a close second. He's been outstanding since Canada and looks to have that fire burning inside him again.:)

Advertisement