Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to transfer foreign funds into Irish bank a/c

Options
  • 08-10-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Just back from a a few years in Canada, and have a fair amount of savings that I need to transfer over here.
    I will probably either arrange an international transfer from the Canadian bank, or ask them to post me a bank draft. I'm open to any way of getting here that would get me a good exchange rate, and with lowest fee etc.
    My bank here is Ulster. Any idea on the best way to get the funds here, with the best interest rate?
    It's a fair amount of money, so a few cents less on the dollar could mean a big difference to the total.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

have a look at currencyfair.com

I have no connection, save I have used them in the past and found them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

There's be a deeper market fr EUR in Canada than CAD in Ireland. You should consider available rates in Canada before you leave as you would be able to get the EUR transferred.

Advertisement