Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Order

Options
  • 07-10-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Yes, why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

What's the benefit of postal orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

As opposed to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Carrier Pigeon ///// lol

Jet Black wrote: »
    As opposed to what?

In general. I mean, if I wanted to send money say to somewhere else in Ireland, why would I buy postal order and send it(or is that even the right way of using it?) instead of just sending the cash itself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

ppl still send cash by post?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

If you send cash in the post and it get lost or stolen its gone. With a postal order you can go to a post office and get the payees name printed on the postal order so it can only be paid to them. Its similar to a cheque.

Jet Black wrote: »
    If you send cash in the post and it get lost or stolen its gone. With a postal order you can go to a post office and get the payees name printed on the postal order so it can only be paid to them. Its similar to a cheque.

So before they can actually get the money off the, ehh, an post I suppose, they have to provide an ID of some sort? What if the postal order was lost/stolen, can you still recover the money? eg, can you get another 'postal order cheque' to try and send again, or do you just get your money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

So before they can actually get the money off the, ehh, an post I suppose, they have to provide an ID of some sort? What if the postal order was lost/stolen, can you still recover the money? eg, can you get another 'postal order cheque' to try and send again, or do you just get your money back?

hi,i started selling cds and the method i was paid was postal order.
    never before had i seeing one but to be fair its good,as far as i know when i cash it the sender would know it has been cashed,if you send cash in post well they could say they never got it.
    it costs a extra 1 euro eg...10 euro postal order will cost you 11 euro:)

hi,i started selling cds and the method i was paid was postal order.
    never before had i seeing one but to be fair its good,as far as i know when i cash it the sender would know it has been cashed,if you send cash in post well they could say they never got it.
    it costs a extra 1 euro eg...10 euro postal order will cost you 11 euro:)

Well yeah I know that part, but as asked, what if the cheque/postal order/paper with amount on it(I don't really know what to call it) gets lost? What happens next?

• Advertisement
Advertisement