Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philip Lynott in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 riposte

Phil with his Bass

Phil playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I love your video's, thanks for sharing, but I don't know if the majority of posters on this forum can help you. I hope I don't sound disrespectful or speak out of turn when I say that the majority probably would consider Phil before their time - at least the period when he would have been seen out and about in Dublin - having said that, I did once hear a story on here of a poster who was drumming in a band in Dublin and then looked up from his kit to see Phil Lynott drinking at the bar and watching them.

I met Phil's mother a few times, lovely lady, I met her at the unveiling of Phil's statue in Dublin and I also used to live very near Phil's old house in Kimmage (it was my first home as it happens) - having said that, he would have been well gone from there by the time I arrived in the world.

philbass.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

That early vid of him is definitely in crumlin. He spent a fair bit of time hanging around with my dad and uncles when younger and my grandmother looked after him like he was one of her own.

My dad used to be annoyed when his "mother" was on tv etc with her "my phillo" stories but i am not sure if i can say why here so will err on the side of caution

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

My dad hung out with Phil too, they went to school at Clogher road. Both died too young.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

GAAman wrote: »
    My dad used to be annoyed when his "mother" was on tv etc with her "my phillo" stories but i am not sure if i can say why here so will err on the side of caution
    Can you say via PM?

Advertisement