Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please review my GAA site

• 07-10-2011 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently working on the design of a site for my GAA club. See attached screenshot for my design so far.
    Although I think this is a neat and clean design, I still think it lacks something, and perhaps is a little "bare".
    I am new to web design and am just doing this in my spare time. Ideally, I'd like to work with what I have so far rather than doing a re-design.

What do people think can be done to add a little more "flair" to the site?

bjbmhh.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Firstly, you can move the header up the page a bit more.

Your nav is centred in the centre.

Your sponsors could be logos as opposed to 'boring' text.

Fixtures/events has some scope for a bit of typefacing/link colouring.

The main content area can be spruced up with photos and some snappier text. (You can omit Welcome, it's implicit so not necessary)

The rhs could have some content feeding in from your Twitter or FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

I would add to that, that you could move the side navigations/boxes more out to the edges and maybe make them a little wider. Maybe about 150 to 190 pixels wide.

As tricky D mentioned, the twitter feed is a good idea. You can get html code for the feed from here http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets (Very easy to set up the feed widget)

All in all, not bad for a first try at web design :) but if you really want to spruce things up a bit and get to know a bit more about using html, you should spend a few hours searching google for, and going over a few tutorials. But most important thing to remember (imo) is to keep it as basic as you can and build up from there.

Anyway, I wish you the best with your website. You managed to get both things I like in there.... GAA and Boston!! Dam! its been a while since I hit the Sligo bar off Davis Square! good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

tricky D wrote: »
    Your nav is centred in the centre.
    Should read 'Your nav bar is not centred in the centre. It's off to the left a bit'

Advertisement