Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Always check prices

Options
  • 06-10-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Boyles Shop special today at lunchtime:
    Whitlock & Taylor both to win in the Darts tonight 1/2.
    Shop & Online individual prices were Whitlock 2/7 & Taylor 2/9.
    Double at the ordinary prices works out .57/1
    which is bigger then 1/2 :eek:.
    Went in at 4pm and again at 6pm and both times still showing 1/2.
    So either Boyles think their punters are complete idiots or they just don't bother checking to make sure their prices are correct (at least 5 hours in this case?).
    Not the 1st time they have done this either, last time I said it to the staff and got a grunt and eventually somebody changed it, couldn't be ****ed this time around.
    So much for a shop special.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Idiots, but unfortunately there are still people who just take the first price they see, so i'd say people took the 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Happens all the time.

You should be comparing odds from all bookies and have a few accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

True but you shouldn't have to check their own prices in the shops.
    If it says a Shop Special, it should be a Shop Special.
    Fine having a few accounts but value is in the shop specials (or should be).
    Different accounts is good for online bets only.
    Shops t/o has fallen in the last few years with fewer people betting and those that are still betting, are doing so in smaller amounts.
    That's why shops are trying to get people back and have to offer better and bigger prices.
    Pick from Shop Specials, enhanced horses/dogs, bonuses and so on.
    Also the bookies can't monitor you in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

I wouldnt be jumping on enhanced prices or shop specials.

more than likely the bookie has knowledge that allows this while still being -ev to the punter.

the only special i ever seen that was good value was paddypowers champo league final money back offer although i very rarely ever stay in a bookies to look at the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

paddypowers champo league final money back offer

I'd say there'll never be another one like that again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement