Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storing wine

Options
  • 06-10-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

i recently bought 60 bottles of wine for my wedding in may next year. i thought storing it in the attic was a great idea till i was up there today the attic is very cold and its not even winter yet. wil this affect the wine its mcguigan black label merlot and chardonnay screw cap
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Best not to leave it anywhere which is subject to extremes of heat or cold. Do you have a cupboard under the stairs? That would be ideal or a spare room in an area away from the light and leave any radiators off. It would be a shame for that much wine to be ruined :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Methven wrote: »
    Best not to leave it anywhere which is subject to extremes of heat or cold. Do you have a cupboard under the stairs? That would be ideal or a spare room in an area away from the light and leave any radiators off. It would be a shame for that much wine to be ruined :eek:

+1 on all that.
    Get it out of the attic - probably the worst place in the house to store wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

what they siad. no room thats too warm or cold (esp freezing is a really bad thing) sunlight will effect btls of wine as well so throw a sheet over them if in the spare room.

also on a side if btls have corks and the wedding is far away it would be advisable to store them on there sides. the reason for this is that corks can dry out and let air into the wine causing spoilage. keeping the cork in contact with the wine prevents this.

Advertisement