Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Accounts

Options
  • 06-10-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Got a call off my bank telling me I still had a student account and they want me to change to a Current Account. I am currently with Ulster Bank have a Visa Debit Card and a small Overdraft facility of around €600. I don't pay any fees.

I am looking for something similar, is there any Fee Free banks left out their? Also what's the story with a Visa Debit Cards? Are they only available with Ulster Bank? I find them very handy. Do banks even give Overdrafts any more?

Basically I am asking all this as the girl on the phone wasn't very helpful,told me I wouldn't have access to my account for 4/5days while the change took place etc. She wants me to call into a branch at some stage to change. I would rather set up an account with a new bank and then change my direct debits before closing the other account, means I will always have access to money etc.

Anyone any recommendations?

Advertisement