Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 42" HD TV should I buy?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I am going to upgrade my 32" 720p LCD TV to a 42" Full HD TV. Im looking for the best TV I can get under £500 which meets the following:

-Full HD
    -HD Freeview
    -24p cinema
    -100Hz

I'm undecided between LCD or LED.. So far I've narrowed it down to the following model but would like to know if anyone out there has any better opinions:

LG 42LK530T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭BrerWolf

Why don't you just go outside and do something interesting instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

BrerWolf wrote: »
    Why don't you just go outside and do something interesting instead?

Very Helpful that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rafer

Hi I have just replaced my old tv for a Panasonic 42in Plasma Model # TX-P42C3B. http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/2011+Plasma+TV/TX-P42C3B/Overview/6975060/index.htm

This tv has a built in tuner for Saorview so no need to buy a separate box.
    I have it hooked up to the Astra 2 satellite via a Sagem HD Digital box,for Freesat HD channels.

Now about the picture quality, in one word Fantastic (my own humble opinion). I was looking at the specs for LCD/PLASMA, HD ready, Full HD,calling into the local electrical shops numerous times and staring at all the different TV's till my head was scrambled. I then asked myself what I wanted from the TV , good picture quality, no motion blurring. Now at the risk of upsetting some people I found HD Ready to be just as good as Full HD.
    I watched the Ireland Italy match last Sat morning the picture was pin sharp, colours excellent. Nature programmes are also a joy to watch along with everything else. Now here is the good bit cost 479 euros with 5 YEARS WARRANTY !!!! That is good value in todays tough times.
    Yes there are better, bigger tv's out there but I chose to cut my cloth according to my measure. I am very happy with my purchase. I hope this is of some help to you.

Regards
    Rafer

Advertisement