Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog fouling on public pathways

Options
  • 06-10-2011 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Clean it up after your dog you dirty lazy low lifes. You know who you are. Next time i see someone doing it im picking it up and going to hurl it at you. If im expected to walk along public routes you pollute with your dogs #@# then your going to get it big time.

Just because you own a dog doesn't give you the right to let it (((( all over the place then leave it there where people have to walk. Don't think people don't notice because they do. Many times ive had to come home and clean my shoes off with disinfectant because of your lazy inconsiderate actions. Not only is it an inconveniance for others but also a serious health risk. I know a young child who was blinded by this because some stupid inconsiderate )))) left it there for the child to pick up.

No i don't blame the dog i blame you because you don't bother cleaning up after it. Buy a pooper scooper and use the phukin thing. Thats what they are for.

Today is the last straw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I agree - pick up your dog-shíte.

I was walking my dog in the local park and met a woman who was letting her beloved Labrador take a crap on the grass. I handed her one of my dog poo bags. She smiled, well grimaced and said thanks. I hung about, just far enough away to pretend I wasn't watching, just close enough for her to know that I would see her until she picked up the poo. I bet it was the first time ever that she had to handle her own dogs poo. Anyway - I then realised that I gave away my last poo bag.
    I looked down at my dog and told him he better not have a feckin crap until we got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I dont agree. I mean a lot of people grew up with none of this stupid crap (excuse the pun) about picking up your dog poo. Do you complain when birds poo? Horses poo? Cows poo?

as the famous saying goes SHIT HAPPENS!

If your child picks up poo and eats it, then shouldnt you be doing a better job at parenting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭stockyboie

stoneill wrote: »
    I agree - pick up your dog-shíte.

I was walking my dog in the local park and met a woman who was letting her beloved Labrador take a crap on the grass. I handed her one of my dog poo bags. She smiled, well grimaced and said thanks. I hung about, just far enough away to pretend I wasn't watching, just close enough for her to know that I would see her until she picked up the poo. I bet it was the first time ever that she had to handle her own dogs poo. Anyway - I then realised that I gave away my last poo bag.
    I looked down at my dog and told him he better not have a feckin crap until we got home.

You know what its not even the crap in the grass. Even thats not that bad. Its the people who let their dogs do it all over public walkways. I was walking yesterday and i swear every meter was covered in it. Then you see these people doing it right in front of you on their mobile phones and you just think what selfish lazy people in this country. No pride, no self respect and obviously no self esteem.

People in this country are brazen about it. Ive seen people do it right under a illegal dog fouling sign with a warning. Rarely have i seen people clean it up after their dogs. Probably once in the past year. Even the bridge in ul is plastered in it. People actually go in with their dogs and ruin one of the best architectural landmarks in ireland because they are too lazy to clean up after themselves. That coupled with the beer bottles and litter all over the place. I swear this is the dirtiest nation of people in europe.

How do people have enough money to fed these dogs. I see people walking with 2 or 3 dogs and am like wtf. Recession my ass. They care more about their dogs then their fellow human and their environment. As long as snookems is ok, who cares about johnny getting my dogs ))) on his shoe or some kid going blind.

Its just pure selfishness. Thats it and thats the final straw for me.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I dont agree. I mean a lot of people grew up with none of this stupid crap (excuse the pun) about picking up your dog poo. Do you complain when birds poo? Horses poo? Cows poo?

If your child picks up poo and eats it, then shouldnt you be doing a better job at parenting?

Yes s(((t happens. It happens then you clean it up after your dog. Its illegal also or haven't you bothered to read the signs. Its not acceptable behaviour. Its not because your infringing on others right to walk down a clean pathway because you won't bother cleaning up after yourself. Laziness and selfishness. Thats what it is.

In the past there weren't so many people living in ireland and so much of them going around with 2 or 3 dogs. Nowadays its every second person.

Your birds, horses, cows argument doesn't fly because people don't keep them as pets and walk them down public pathways do they? Once you own a dog you take full responsiblity for its actions and dog owners know this. If it bites someone your responsible for its actions. If it h))) on a pathway its your responsiblity to clean up after it and again dog owners know this. Its also the responsiblity of dog owners who do clean up after their dogs to alert ones who don't that they are required by law to do so. Cudos to the second poster for this.

If i have to clean your dogs *** off my shoe because your too lazy to clean it up after your dog then its simple. Im going to return the favour to you. If you love your dog so much see if your prepared to get a faceful of its ))) or maybe smeared all over your clothes. Would you like that? Thats whats gonna happen next time i see someone doing this in front of me.

I hate when I wash my car and its absolutely shining and lo and behold some bird (of the avian kind before any of you get any ideas) craps on it

I bring you back to the point I made previously...SHIT HAPPENS! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I hate when I wash my car and its absolutely shining and lo and behold some bird (of the avian kind before any of you get any ideas) craps on it

I bring you back to the point I made previously...SHIT HAPPENS! :D

Your argument is invalid.
    Dog = Pet = owner = responsibility
    Birds = wild.

Even responsible dog owners have birds **** on their cars.

I bring you back to the point I made previously...**** HAPPENS! .

Its not an argument im having here sonny. I'm not looking for wheither you approve or you don't approve of what I'm saying or wheither you think its right or wrong. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Bascially next time i see someone doing this I'm simply going to let them have a taste of the medicine they have afforded myself out of the generosity of my own heart. Think of it as a gift. A gift which they gave to me on so many occasions which is now long overdue for return.

stockyboie wrote: »
    Yes s(((t happens. It happens then you clean it up after your dog. Its illegal also or haven't you bothered to read the signs. Its not acceptable behaviour. Its not because your infringing on others right to walk down a clean pathway because you won't bother cleaning up after yourself. Laziness and selfishness. Thats what it is.

So is driving over the speed limit, but I guess that isnt enforced a lot either.
    In the past there weren't so many people living in ireland and so much of them going around with 2 or 3 dogs. Nowadays its every second person.

Thats a very generic and vague statement to make, can it be proven that every second person has two or three dogs. I really dont think thats the case at all.
    Your birds, horses, cows argument doesn't fly because people don't keep them as pets and walk them down public pathways do they? Once you own a dog you take full responsiblity for its actions and dog owners know this. If it bites someone your responsible for its actions. If it h))) on a pathway its your responsiblity to clean up after it and again dog owners know this. Its also the responsiblity of dog owners who do clean up after their dogs to alert ones who don't that they are required by law to do so. Cudos to the second poster for this.

Am you will find that some people do keep Horses for pets (although I dont agree with it or the way that they are treated by some people) and they probably poo on public grass area's and walkways. Are they held accountable for their pets actions?
    If i have to clean your dogs *** off my shoe because your too lazy to clean it up after your dog then its simple. Im going to return the favour to you. If you love your dog so much see if your prepared to get a faceful of its ))) or maybe smeared all over your clothes. Would you like that? Thats whats gonna happen next time i see someone doing this in front of me.

You are going to return the favour?? You are going to have your dog poo for me to stand in it? No I wouldnt like that, if i did, i would be a fairly sick person wouldnt i?
    So if you see someone disobeying this rule/law, you are going to run over and shove poo in their face and on their person? You are likely going to end up in much more trouble than the person who didnt clean up after their dog.

So you should probably call the Gardai instead of what you plan to do in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Dog poo contains bacteria which can be dangerous to humans, and roundworm larvae can cause blindness if gotten in or near the eyes. and respiratory, digestive and coronary problems if ingested.

Not only is dog poop dangerous to humans but it is also dangerous to other dogs, hence not leaving a pup near another dogs poo before they've been fully vaccinated.

Horses, birds and cows don't, this is why not cleaning up after your dog is an offence.

Here's a link http://dogtalk101.blogspot.com/2010/01/facts-about-dangers-of-dog-poop.html

The ops sentiment is right but his intended execution is wrong, even if I do agree with his proposed actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Your a complete moron if you really believe that arguement.stepping in dog crap is the lowest if the low and the people who dont pick it up are even lower.how hard is it to bring a bag with you and pick it up.
    As the other poster said your dog ,you pick it up.
    I can't believe you think like that.i suppose you throw rubbish on the ground as well rather than in a bin do you.
    There are no words.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Clean it up after your dog you dirty lazy low lifes. You know who you are. Next time i see someone doing it im picking it up and going to hurl it at you. If im expected to walk along public routes you pollute with your dogs #@# then your going to get it big time.
    Its just pure selfishness. Thats it and thats the final straw for me.
    Your opinion is irrelevant.

Bascially next time i see someone doing this I'm simply going to let them have a taste of the medicine they have afforded myself out of the generosity of my own heart. Think of it as a gift. A gift which they gave to me on so many occasions which is now long overdue for return.

Charming stuff. Get a blog, or request access to the Ranting & Raving forum (info).

S**t thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement