Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think its easy to stop, But its not?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi im 21 and only smoke when im nervious or anxious:) i feel its quite easy to stop untill something happens that puts me on edge:/ then i find myself running to the shop for a pack of cigs:(

any advice on how to stop fully?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi im 21 and only smoke when im nervious or anxious:) i feel its quite easy to stop untill something happens that puts me on edge:/ then i find myself running to the shop for a pack of cigs:(

any advice on how to stop fully?

sort out your nervous/anxiety problems if thats the only thing making you want to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

wylo wrote: »
    sort out your nervous/anxiety problems if thats the only thing making you want to smoke.

im trying my best its so hard :) its like when i have a quick ciggy all my problems go away?? is that normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alexcolin

The best way to stop smoking is to "take care of yourself". You need to concentrate on different things at the time of anxiety or nervous, get out of it and help someone, try new things, keep busy, take up a hobby. Here you may need to treat the anxiety, not the smoking.Always remember, smoking will not do anything good for you! If you fix this on your mind you can come out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

alexcolin wrote: »
    The best way to stop smoking is to "take care of yourself". You need to concentrate on different things at the time of anxiety or nervous, get out of it and help someone, try new things, keep busy, take up a hobby. Here you may need to treat the anxiety, not the smoking.Always remember, smoking will not do anything good for you! If you fix this on your mind you can come out of this.

iv taking up jogging + cycling not much good though :)i know i can stop before xmas though :) if anyone puts there mind to something anything can be done:)

Advertisement