Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA evening course

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I did it and it was a joke to be honest. Nothing you could not learn yourself with the 2 books, a broadband connection and an old fully working PC to pull apart and put back together as you wish.

Thats just me now, depends how handy you are and how well up you are with PCs from Windows 95 and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LUNA..

Well, I work in IT but am looking to get into the network side of things. I'm not sure why windows 95 would have anything to do with this course though?? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

CCNA has nothing to do with PCs.
    Luna - CCNA is cisco specific.
    Are you looking for that or a general networking course?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Bennyjammin

You can do the CCNA course online with FAS for free. Its split into two parts ICND1 and ICND2 . Both parts are supposed to be 14 weeks long but you can take up to 6 months to complete each module before you sit for the exam that FAS pay for as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Hello

Just a warning http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
    CCNA is valid or 3 years.

I would say study the CISCO material yourself if possible, and there are good books with a CD that will allow you to do the router/switch configuration via an emulator and will allow you to do lots of practice on your home PC. You will have to learn networks, subnetting etc and will have to learn binary to understand how it all works. Possibly the previous post for Win95 referred to the NIC card, and using HyperTerminal etc. I covered the CCNA material and there is quite alot to it but did not do the actual exam as only valid for 3 years

For the exam, a friend of mine did it and got pages and pages of questions with the answers and learnt them all off and on that passed the exam. They told me to pass the exam needs special prep as opposed to learning the material. There is lots of information on the actual exam and exam material on the web. Perhaps someone who was successful in the CCNA exam can give your their own opinion. Certianly to study CCNP the CCNA is a pre requisite

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement