Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record stores in london

Options
  • 05-10-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Im going to london on the 22nd of the month for 5 days. Im heading over for the NFL game in wembey with a mate but i was wondering would anyone know any cool record stores in London.

Im looking for 2nd hand or new vinyl records,kinda indie,rock,metal,brit pop... that kinda music.

Ive never been to london before but any help or links to the places would be great. I think we are staying somewhere near or close to camden

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Not a physical shop, but I've found discogs.com to be a great resource for sourcing hard to find vinyl. That said, best of luck over there, its great craic sniffing through old vinyl!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

hi theres the notting hill record and tape exchange sells second hand vinyl for good prices ,not far from wembley easy to get to on tube:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

will check that out for sure

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Rough Trade off Brick Lane if you want a good selection of new vinyl.

Also, I completely forgot about that game. Might go myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Rough Trade near Brick Lane is always worth a look. You'll probably also find a lot to like on Berwick Street in Soho - there are a whole bunch of record shops there, selling both new and second-hand stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

There be a shop on Essex road (Tube the Angel) 2nd hand CDs outside but he has vinyl as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I like Sister Ray on Berwick St and there is a few other shops down that road too.

Also maybe not what you're looking for but there is a great independent punk shop in Camden, All Ages Records it is animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

There's an okayish small one in Greenwich..near the Cutty sark :) So you can get some sightseeing in!

Advertisement