Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start up business advice

Options
  • 05-10-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I know its been probably answered in other ways before but I was hoping someone could explain it specifically to suit my questions. Well I am a third level student (Product Design).
    I was planning on setting up a website to one be sort of my portfolio for my work so far and two to maybe avail of my services (To help people and gain more experience) in what I am training as.
    One I want to know have I to register as a company (name), as a sole trader for taxes etc. and for registering a .ie domain. As I haven't earned anything from it. Also can i just register a .ie domain now for the future without a company registered so that it won't be taken up.
    Thanks in advance icon7.gif

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hey Liam,

No you can just register a business name on the CRO website for 20 Euro, you dont need to register for taxes or file nil returns. Once you have the business name you can register for your .ie domain and you can keep it for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 liamo1991

Hey Liam,

No you can just register a business name on the CRO website for 20 Euro, you dont need to register for taxes or file nil returns. Once you have the business name you can register for your .ie domain and you can keep it for the future.
    Thanks for the advice on the matter :)

Advertisement