Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Company Dumping Irish Jobs

Options
  • 05-10-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HEY EVERYONE.....CANCEL YOUR INSURANCE WITH AVIVA....IF YOUR INSURANCE IS NOW DUE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.....AVIVA IS LETTING GO UP TO 1,000 PEOPLE......IRISH PEOPLE NEED TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THESE SHISTERS.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Cancelling your insurance will not help the staff whos' jobs are at risk. In fact if people cancel their policies in large numbers it will only lead to more job losses and worse conditions for the staff involved. Did you even think about this before you made your statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

HEY EVERYONE.....CANCEL YOUR INSURANCE WITH AVIVA....IF YOUR INSURANCE IS NOW DUE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.....AVIVA IS LETTING GO UP TO 1,000 PEOPLE......IRISH PEOPLE NEED TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THESE SHISTERS.....

You work there yea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

whats a "shister" Brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Not sure if OP works there but I do and if there was to be a mass exodus of customers I can only see it affecting the staff in a negative way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't a Consumer Issue - and using all CAPS is not good etiquette either.

Thread moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

And instead of ranting & raving about losing jobs, you could ask the question why Aviva are considering this.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Agree with emily here, cancelling policies is just going to make a bad situation worse. If you really want to do something get in touch with your TD or Enda Kenny and ask them what the hell they are doing to help retain the jobs in Ireland. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

There is no proof that jobs will be lost.They are looking at restructuring their business,as most companies have had to do.

The unfortunate reality is that they can outsource to countries like India (which they have already done for some of their call centres) for a fraction of the cost.

As emily rightly said above,if people are to pull their business from Aviva their entire future could be at risk in Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Doesn't really fall within the forum's remit. I suspect a one shot poster anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I know, I know, a thread has already been started (and closed) on this subject but I don't think it should be dismissed as easily as that.
    Yet another international company more than willing to make profits here but pull jobs out as soon as shareholders dividends get a bit thin.
    I currently have Aviva health insurance and if there are massive layoffs from their Irish operations I'll move my cover to VHI or Quinn (it'd gall me a bit but not as much as seeing my premium going to support jobs in another country).
    I've seen the arguments about the risk to the remaining jobs if I do this but that's just the bullsh1t emotional blackmail response you'd expect.
    Let's be under no illusions here, lots more companies are going to pull jobs out of Ireland while still expecting to make profits here. Its disgusting and we should not accept it. Vote with your money folks.
    BTW, rumour has it that Diageo (Guinness) are going to pull hundreds of admin jobs out of Ireland very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The simple fact is that we can't expect to keep jobs here if we're not competitive. Jobs will kept only if we have the right skills at the right price in the right location. Right now, Ireland's skills standards are falling and prices haven't improved significantly despite the downturn.

Companies don't make these decisions callously or lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Try Work & Jobs or somewhere more relevant. As advised this is a discussion that is way outside the remit of this forum (please check the Forum Charter)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement