Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contagious - A free audiobook by Scott Sigler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Downloading the podcast now. Will listen to it when I get a chance :) Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I'm on a crap broadband package, joys of living in the sticks..
    So have to be selective re what i download!!

Let me know what you think.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Is it available any place besides Itunes? Really don't like installin' that on my pc... but if its worth the listen I may.

Anyone checked it out yet?

Jayziz!!! The first twenty-odd seconds are taken up with some crap American metal music*, the next minute is taken up with a typical American advert for inkjet printers :(

Anyway, I've listened to 10 minutes of Episode 01 so far (not a lot!) and so far it's quite good and sets up the situation nicely but you have to pay attention to be sure that you get the names of the characters from the start, otherwise you might get confused. The reader takes a while to get into his stride but once he's gotten a hold on the text he reads it pretty well but not without some things I'd like to improve upon, particularly his attempt to impersonate a woman's voice :o.

*I like rock and metal but that's crap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

r3nu4l wrote: »
    he reads it pretty well but not without some things I'd like to improve upon, particularly his attempt to impersonate a woman's voice :o.

I love it!! Cheers for getting back.

Still chuckling..:D

• Advertisement

bedlam wrote: »

Grand! Thx kindly bedlam!

And yeah...... the female voice - NOT working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

finished the first episode, its not without its flaws but still a good find Rick
    downloading episode 2 now and will listen later on

SUNGOD wrote: »
    finished the first episode, its not without its flaws but still a good find Rick
    Agreed, finished episode 1 myself. It's not at the stage where it'll be a major number one blockbuster but it's not bad at all so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

on chapter 9
    it started slow but i have to say im enjoying it at the moment
    glad it went away from the dialogue between the president and his war council as i found the vice president(vanessa?) imput to be very unbeleivable
    ..ie..facing a alien invasion and a unknown alien infection that could wipe out mankind she was more worried about popularity poles and how their adminastration would be remmembered, also she was outraged that they would bomb an alien portol bringing alien weaponary far more advanced then anything on earth because it was on american soil. " no president has dropped a bomb on american soil"
    but like i said its now focused on dewey and perry the 6 foot 6 american football playing alien hunter...go perry..go perry ..go perry...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not sure if it is available in a podcast, but Contagious is the sequel to Infected. Read both a few years back and Infected sets up Perry's back story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not sure if it is available in a podcast, but Contagious is the sequel to Infected. Read both a few years back and Infected sets up Perry's back story.

I think infected is on podiobooks as well. They have quite a few titles over there. All free too!

Edit: Yup, got it. http://www.podiobooks.com/title/infected

Advertisement