Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nasa Footage of ufos

Options
  • 05-10-2011 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

This is some old footage i remember seein it a few years back and at the time i didnt know what to think,im still a little skeptical about it..

Some of the objects change speeds and direction and at 1 point the an astronaut says "dont film that",and for it to be space debris then how is it all the same shape and how do they have 2 mile wide pieces of space debris flying around up there,why wasnt it broken up before they abandoned it to orbit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I think it's dust or something in front of the lens, demonstrating Brownian motion. Rather more likely than mile-long UFOs that can't be seen from the ground for some reason... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

6 minutes 54 second video of the tethered satellite that broke its tether, followed by a debris cloud floating around the shuttle, which they do.

UFO's? Where's that facepalm button.......

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Hey i said i was skeptical about it lol

but theres alot of people who tke this footage as prrof that there is thousands of ufos flying around in our orbit..

if it is just dust and debris then why is it all passing behind the tether and not in front of it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

CyberJuice wrote: »
    if it is just dust and debris then why is it all passing behind the tether and not in front of it too?
    Optical illusion. They probably disappear when backgrounded against a stronger light source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

@3:15
    Looks like sp€rm. Astronauts probably just fling it out the window when they're done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

shedweller wrote: »
    6 minutes 54 second video of the tethered satellite that broke its tether, followed by a debris cloud floating around the shuttle, which they do.

UFO's? Where's that facepalm button.......

A tethered satellite? Isn't that just a concept? Have any actually been put into commission using this bulsh!t technique?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

They don't use the tether to put the thing into space. They use them once they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

A tethered satellite? Isn't that just a concept? Have any actually been put into commission using this bulsh!t technique?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-75
    STS-75_Tethered_Satellite_System_deployment.jpg

But yea, compared to mile wide ufos, it's total bull**** :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

They were able to generate electricity from it. The cable moving through the earths magnetosphere did it. pretty cool tech if you ask me! It's a pity the cable snagged on a bolt. :(

Advertisement