Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Technology Project

Options
  • 04-10-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

So the Leaving Cert Technology briefs were released last week, what are peoples initial thoughts on it?

I'll upload the Brief tomorrow, or if somebody has it with them feel free to upload it in the meantime.

The general theme this year is people with disabilities... Students basically have to design and make a model of something that will enhance the lives of those with a disability. I think its much more appealing to students than last years theme of water conservation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Andrewmiester

Have you any thoughts or ideas for the project yet? Can you model a project on previous designs? or does it have to be a new concept :confused:

It doesn't say anywhere in the Brief that it needs to be a new concept but from experience I've seen that new ideas get better marks!

One of my students is thinking of making a traffic light system for the blind/deaf whereby the button will sound and vibrate indicating when it's safe to cross. This already exists but she plans on making a modification to further improve it.

Any ideas yourself??

alot of people seem to be following the wheelchair route with their projects...

would you advise making a senic model or an actually functioning object?:confused:

Ya I think a lot of people will go with making modifications to things like wheelchairs etc. It's the first thing that comes to mind for most when they hear the word disability.

What do you mean by a scenic model? I definitely think you need to have something fully functional, even if it is a wheelchair

• Advertisement

i mean a scale model of a kitchen or public area of some sort and showing a disability aid in that particular area

any further ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JoeKelly181

any ideas?

Advertisement