Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 -Joystick (jets/choppers)

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Ok lads, so Caspian border was only out for a short while, and the queue for planes/choppers was huge...so most probably didn't get to try.

But for those that did, did you get to use your joystick (assuming you had 1 ) , and how was it ?
    Mine crashed while trying to configure my joystick in menu....my only game in Caspian gone.

The thing is, I use a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro, worked perfect for BF2, but with BC2 the X-axis /Twist was always inverted and it wouldnt correct even when settings were changed.
    Im hoping it will be back to BF2 settings as opposed to BC2.

So anyone get a shot in anything ?

I've no interest in K/M users..thanks, this is for joystick users

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I tried both chopper and jet

but I didnt have a joystick, instead I used my 360 controller which was plugged up to my pc which worked quite nicely with the jets (much better then my attempt with kb/mouse) and not so nicely with the helicopter... :(

But as a bonus point it is the best way to control those jeeps, I was pulling off handbrake turns like a motherf*cker! dodging tanks and running people over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro also, got it for BF2, still in perfect nick, hoping i can use it with BF3.
    Wonder will my G25 wheel work with jeeps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did you find the x axis/twist stayed inverted with BC2 ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you find the x axis/twist stayed inverted with BC2 ?

It never worked with BC2 no matter what i tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have an Saitek X52 which didn't work well with BC2 choppers. Found the choppers in BC2 too clumsy to properly fly with a joystick (and there was that much room to fly around in anyhoos), and a someone here have said the choppers in BF3 are clumsy like in BC2 :(
    Auvers wrote: »
    disgusted the choppers are just like BC2, I really hope they fix them its like flying a stone
    Auvers wrote: »
    nope the choppers are terrible, as its the dumbed down flight controls again of BC2
    This doesn't bode well for the finished game. Though with the buggies handling so well, I'm hoping the choppers will be more responsive.

• Advertisement

Tried going onto a server and configuring my controls, didn't work out well at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

controls are absolutely shocking for jets...
    It's really beginning to look like BC3 with jets tacked on after an afterthought...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    controls are absolutely shocking for jets...
    It's really beginning to look like BC3 with jets tacked on after an afterthought...:(

I've spent most of tonight with the jets and while I might admit the jets feel like they were designed for consoles they do control just fine once you use them with a controller over the kb/mouse. If you have any sort of modern controller that works with a pc see if its compatible and then give the jets a go.

i've been focusing on them solely tonight and I've had some intense dogfights.

I tried my joystick and couldnt bind controls, plugged in my 360 wired controller for pc and everything was set up fine.
    Its ok with the pad but im finding jets to be pretty poor, nowhere near the standards of BF2,they just feel ****e and arcadey.
    Choppers feel like BC2 to me and also nowhere near BF2 choppers.
    Looks like ill be sticking to infantry and vehicles as jets and choppers are not great at all imo.
    I just find dogfights boring, if i want proper dogfights ill boot up Sturmovik,,

Was funny earlier on when my bro in law was visiting,straight away he was using the 360 pad for infantry as hes a console gamer, he was blown away by the graphics saying its like a totally different game, "green with envy" "ffs consoles suck" "lucky bastard" were a few of his words while drooling at the screen :)

Afterthough is right.
    If you look at the jet controls there are 2 "roll right" options.
    My 3DPro won't bind to anything properly.

And on a sidenote, is anyone getting the announcer repeating himself ? it's driving me mad

• Advertisement

yeah controls suck balls..

I've a Saitek X52, Microsoft sidewinder force feedback and a Logitech joystick none of which work properly with BF3...
    It would kill me to play a game with a xbox controller in my pc..nowhere the same level of immersion...anyone with a joystick will say the same...the noobs without them will say "bull" but we all know that joysticks rule for flying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I've a Saitek X52, Microsoft sidewinder force feedback and a Logitech joystick none of which work properly with BF3...
    Did you find the X52 tended to swing the planes left?

the_syco wrote: »
    Did you find the X52 tended to swing the planes left?

hell I couldn't even take off on any of them...kept swing left/right and tumbling along the runway :(

Advertisement