Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year on.......

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all.

My first anniversary as a non smoker - I'm sure you'll all join with me in celebrating and congratulating me on my most excellent achievement..........!!

Off the damn things a year last friday (cold turkey after multiple failed attempts over the previous few years). Don't want them, don't need them, never going back......(at least I hope I wont be dumb enough to....)

Started cycling to work. Now also swim most mornings. Rest pulse has fallen from mid 70's to low 60's. Probably fitter than I have been since I was fifteen (although I have put on about half a stone - need to address that one next).

Main message - if I can quit after smoking for thirty years, so can you.

It can be done people........!! Stick at it.

Peace.

Dub

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

fair play to you just had my last cig I am determined to get off the feckers! well done here's hoping it will be me in a year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DubGuyxx

Go for it man. Really. I thought I'd never give the fecking things up. Tried and failed multiple times. But if you stick with it you'll get there.

First three to five days are the hardest. Nicotine is gone by day three, but it can take a day or two after that for the depression to lift. If you make day five, you've broken the physiological nicotine addiction and after that it's all in the mind, and within your control.....

Tough it out - Its completely worth it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Well done DubGuy. Celebrated my own first anniversary back in June - 'twas a great feeling and so worth it. Good luck to you frulewis; you won't know yourself when you've done it!

Advertisement