Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on at the Ferry Bridge on the N69?

Options
  • 04-10-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I head out the N69 every evening after work and was just curious as to what the guys are up to at the bridge.

I notice they have gone from one guy operating the automatic Main Stop/Go signal to having two guys now, one for the side road on the limerick side of the bridge.

The pub on the Kildimo side, took the opportunity to paint the place on the road side. :-)

So, any ideas as to what is going on? Repairs to the bridge I am guessing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Wackoy2k wrote: »
    I head out the N69 every evening after work and was just curious as to what the guys are up to at the bridge.

I notice they have gone from one guy operating the automatic Main Stop/Go signal to having two guys now, one for the side road on the limerick side of the bridge.

The pub on the Kildimo side, took the opportunity to paint the place on the road side. :-)

So, any ideas as to what is going on? Repairs to the bridge I am guessing...

Look to be strenghtening the blocks on the bridge. Reapplying the mortar and I assume some kind of strenthening agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Must be bridge week on the 69 cos they are working on the one on Askeaton bypass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Faing wrote: »
    Must be bridge week on the 69 cos they are working on the one on Askeaton bypass too.

Locals probably robbed the sides of the bridge and sold it for scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Locals probably robbed the sides of the bridge and sold it for scrap.

lol...

Advertisement