Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caravan storage in Tralee

Options
  • 04-10-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey.Have had a caravan stored at the side of my house for over a year and all of a sudden a busy body neighbour decided to give out about it and report us so we have now been asked to move it.Anyone have any pointers of where you can get storage in the tralee area preferably and at a reasonable cost???????need as much help as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

You are allowed to have a caravan outside your house for up to 9 months a year. When you add the number of days you are away you should not need to store it for very long. Ask in the Woodlands if they will store it, when I was there they had a few caravans around the back that were not in use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sonyak3

Thanks for dat.will try woodlands they mite b worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

db wrote: »
    You are allowed to have a caravan outside your house for up to 9 months a year.
    Seriously? There's a law about how long it can be beside the house? :eek:

ya have been told dat from planning in the council aswell so is law.hilarious!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just as well the houses either side of us aren't occupied so :D Caravan's been beside the house for well over a year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

"You are allowed to have a caravan outside your house for up to 9 months a year".
    I would get proper advice on the issue and don't mind some clueless local official. Also the size of the caravan could be relevant as the law being quoted could relate to mobile homes, it is also possible that the position on your property could be relevant, while it might not be acceptable to have the caravan in the front of your house it might well be OK if it is to the side or the back.

While I could understand a neighbour complaining if the caravan was in your front garden or driveway, the fact that it is at the side of your property seems like the little green monster of envy has got hold of him/her.

Finally, see the picture below, they have been in situ for ten years or more.

Lucky u topdog.i have had d caravan at the side for the just over a year with no problem and all of a sudden get a letter.
    Dere is no houses at the caravan side of me.its on a green area dat isnt used and thats why we put it up dere so it wasnt an eyesore for neone but all of a sudden dere seems 2 b a problem......:mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement