Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI current a/c fees

Options
  • 03-10-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭

jesus the bastards charged me fees despite the fact i matched one of the conditions for free banking, i am raging. ill be on the blower first thing tomorrow.

Over the course of a fee quarter, lodge at least €3,000 to your Personal Current Account AND make 9 debit payments from that account using Banking 365 Phone and/or Online

(This is the equivalent of €1,000 net salary lodgement per month and 3 payments made per month)

my wages are paid direct into my account and its more the 1k net per month.

anyone else have this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Did you make the 9 debit transactions per quarter?, (This does not include direct debits)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Did you make the 9 debit transactions per quarter?, (This does not include direct debits)

didnt see the AND in my rage.

all of my debit transactions are direct debits?

any suggestions how i can get 9 debit transactions up per quarter?

any other banks offer free banking without conditions as **** as this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

For example if you were to transfer €100 a month to a savings account per month, do three money transfers in the amount of €33.33 each instead. Tranfer money directly from your current account to your credit card rather then rely on a direct debit etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭muffinhead

irishgeo wrote: »
    any other banks offer free banking without conditions as **** as this?

Ulster Bank offer free banking without any of the restrictions that BOI impose. They provide Visa debit cards and their online banking is also much better than BOI 365.

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts.ashx

I switched from BOI to Ulster Bank and I am happy I did - it makes life so much easier not having to worry about complying with BOI's T&Cs every quarter. If you open an account in branch you'll be given an account number then and there and the card will arrive a week or so later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

I did the same as muffinhead about 2 months. The switching process is quite straightforward and the services from UB exceed Bank of Ireland. The Visa debit card is great for travelling and the text message alerts are real handy too. Have to say i'm happy i changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

BOI have taken money out of my account 2 times since the 23rd of Sep totaling 26 euro. Unpaid fees and notified fees. I'll be ringing them in the morn for answers.

I may well move to Ulster Bank if that is going to be what i'm facing with BOI :mad:

Advertisement