Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from JSA to JSB

• 03-10-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Yep you read right, from JSA to JSB.

Due to the stamps in the "relevant tax year" rules I can't claim JSB.
    However next year I should be able to.

Is there any disadvantage to me applying for JSA now and looking to move to JSB next year?

Is the move to JSB automatic if one is claiming JSA?

All hypothetical at the moment as I'm looking for work and will be emigrating next year to go TEFL teaching :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

I'm also interested in the answer to this as I'm in the exact same situation. Citizens Advice Bereau have advised me it is correct, but wondering if anyone has had any actual experience with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If you have "nil" means on JSA, I don't see any advantage to moving to JSB. Moving from JSA to JSB would only be advantageous if you were assessed with means against you on JSA, or if you were on a reduced rate of JSA because of your age, and entitled to your full personal rate on JSB.
    JSA is not taxable, JSB is.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

For me, I'd be self employed making a small amount of money each year. On JSB you can earn money on top of your JSB as its your stamp entitlements right? Or I could get the short term enterprise allowance as I'd then be on the JSB

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_and_work/short_term_enterprise_allowance.html

Can you confirm thats right?

Advertisement