Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Movie list

Options
  • 03-10-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

Hey all -

I've done this the last few years and started sharing my list last year in case others want to play along. Below you'll find my schedule of movie's for this wonderful month of October. Watch along if ye care to.

capturesgk.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I'd be on valium by the end of it!!!

REC is one of the best films I've seen. Quarantine didn't hold a candle to it..
    Hollween still manages to get under my skin. Simple stuff like the half eaten dog on the coffee table.. class.

Your month will be

:D:):o:o:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

So far - so good though less sleep at night is already catching me a bit. I'm a morning guy and into work by 6am'ish so staying up late to finish these out might run me a bit ragged - but sure worth it so far.

The Thing - I had not watched it since last October and I wanted to make sure I got through it before the prequel is out on October 14, here anyway. I paid special attention to details when they visit the Norwegian camp and I hope they get covered in the new one.

In short - one of my top 5 movies of all time. I absolutely LOVE The Thing.

Salem's Lot is due up tonight and while it's not as good as the book it's still one of my favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Nice mix of movies inn there, I must add that Colin is tough movie to watch. Great concept but man the filming is hard work

krissovo wrote: »
    Nice mix of movies inn there, I must add that Colin is tough movie to watch. Great concept but man the filming is hard work

Yup I agree.. but for $120 in production costs what do ye expect? :P

Maybe next year we need to open this up to a boards.ie approved list. That would be fun - let everyone vote on what movies should be on the list.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yup I agree.. but for $120 in production costs what do ye expect? :P

Didnt realize the budget :eek: £45 to make a movie :eek:

I guess a Hollywood version will be in production soon.

• Advertisement

Yeah it took 'em a couple years to make but they did it for super cheap.

Salem's Lot was great last night. It's not super scary - more of a creepy vibe.

Tonight is Alien - and I can't wait!

Also -kriss -what movie would you insert in place of Colin? Or what suggestions would anyone have?

Also -kriss -what movie would you insert in place of Colin? Or what suggestions would anyone have?

Rec has been mentioned but I would have to add Phantasm in its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Hey all -

I've done this the last few years and started sharing my list last year in case others want to play along. Below you'll find my schedule of movie's for this wonderful month of October. Watch along if ye care to.

The month is half gone...I'm curious if you've stuck to your movie schedule and watched everything you've listed so far?

I've watched several of what you have on here already, and a few that you don't. When I watched Alien, I watched Aliens right after; can never decide which is my favorite, love both. Though I must admit I've never seen the original Salem's Lot - is it really good? I've read the book and watched the remake a few years back and liked it.

And I've never seen Halloween from beginning to end...it's the music, I can't listen to that theme music, it's completely unnerving. And his mask - something terrifying about a featureless mask. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

maybe its a bit off topic, but I got the movie channel package with Sky (just for Christmas, y'know) and was wondering if anyone had any long range knowledge of good movies that would be coming up (Zombies / End of World prefered !) .... ta

Advertisement