Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/12

Options
  • 03-10-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Updated version!

iLFvWTVZvHY5M.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Have to say, I'm really looking forward to this season :D

Black Rock Shooter anime, K-ON! film, new Toradora! episode, 2 Usagi Drop specials, Nisemonogatari... get hype :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

K-on! movie!!

yDht7.png

However we probably won't be able to watch it until the dvd is released and its subbed so I wonder how long that will be :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Another sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I must admit, I was both shocked and excited to see a Kenshin film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

holy **** bakemonogatari sequel.
    The Black Rock shooter was bad, but almost good, I'm skeptical as to how well they'll do with a series.

Warning: that K-on! movie won't get translated til it's out on DVD around June.

• Advertisement

gearoidof wrote: »
    holy **** bakemonogatari sequel.
    The Black Rock shooter was bad, but almost good, I'm skeptical as to how well they'll do with a series.

Warning: that K-on! movie won't get translated til it's out on DVD around June.

I am hopeful of a nasty cinema recording >_> I remember watching an Eva 2.0 one not too long after it came out in Japan with subs and all.

I'll be buying K-ON! without a doubt anyway so I don't have to feel guilty about watching a cinema vid :P

How long did it take for a translation of the Haruhi movie to come out? I can't really remember but for some reason like 3 months comes to mind. Probably not though.

Yeah, Im really looking forward to the Bakemonogatari sequel. Especially because its Karen and Tsukihi. I always said bakemono needed more of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Looking good! It's been a good year overall I think, we've gotten a few great shows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Although I anticipated it but BERRRSSERRRKKK! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

The series seem pretty weak, I'll probably only try BRS out of those, but the OVAs and movies are awesome will likely watch Toradora, Berserk, .hack, K-on, Sora no kiseki and usagi drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll check out that Toradora extra ep, even though the rushed ending left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Is Nisemonogatari the sequel or prequel to Bakemonogatari?
    I forget.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'll check out that Toradora extra ep, even though the rushed ending left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Is Nisemonogatari the sequel or prequel to Bakemonogatari?
    I forget.

Sequel. Focuses on the Araragi sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 er_mano

Toradora and Rurouni Kenshin, interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Seems good stuff there. I think I will check out Another.

Konata wrote: »
    Sequel. Focuses on the Ararararagi sisters.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Last exile rocks, first episode was cut from the same cloth as the original.

A guide to the new anime for Winter 2011/12: http://www.animeotakucorner.com/winter-2011-2012-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still looking good, now if only Lupin would turn up this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

The ones I'm looking forward to are Nisemonogatari and Another, nothing else there really stands out for me.

A nice preview of all the shows for Winter 11/12 here.

Gonna be checking out Ano Natsu de Matteru, Another, Black Rock Shooter, Nisemonogatari and Kill Me Baby me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Konata wrote: »
    A nice preview of all the shows for Winter 11/12 here.

Gonna be checking out Ano Natsu de Matteru, Another, Black Rock Shooter, Nisemonogatari and Kill Me Baby me thinks!

That sounds great, like a moe version of Full Metal Panic's slice-of-life moments, can't wait.

Also, Bodacious Space pirates \0/ Best name evar

Crunchyroll to simulcast Nisemonogatari
    NISEMONOGATARI will be available in the following territories: U.S.A, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

List of Nisemonogatari Episodes
    Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.

hmmm

gearoidof wrote: »
    hmmm
    To TokyoTosho!!

So how's everyone getting on with this season? I have to say, I've been mighty impressed so far!

Ano Natsu de Matteru is fantastic. It's a love story but not your typical harem type. It also doesn't take the characters forevvvvver to confess their feelings. No idea how it's going to end since we have like... 2 love triangles going on? Anyway, it's totally awesome.

Nisemonogatari is good. The dialogue and animation is brilliant, as expected. I have to say I'm not enjoying it as much as Bakemono - and the reason for that is all the fanservice. I'm totally fine with fanservice to a certain degree but the
    implied incest
    just makes me uncomfortable and kinda spoils the show a little bit. I'm much more looking forward to Kizumonogatari with all the references to the past that have been going on between Shinobu and Araragi. Also, Shinobu is awesome.

Black Rock Shooter. Yes, the animation isn't amazing (of the 'ordinary' world anyway) and yes, I can understand why some people are disappointed with it (that's what happens when something is too hyped up) but I'm really, really enjoying this show. I am so happy that
    the 'action' world isn't just a metaphor for the girls inner struggles, as was sort of implied in the OVA
    . The most recent episode (5 I think) really strengthened my love for this show.
    Insane Black Rock Shooter - **** YES!

Nichibros (Danshi Kokousei no Nichijou) is hilarious. The whole high school boys perspective is refreshing. It has some really genius moments.

Another. Fantastic anime. I'm glad it hasn't turned out to be as gruesome as some people were hoping! I hate horror >_< This is more a mystery/suspense anime though with the odd bit of grossness through in...
    Dat umbrella scene *shudders*
    . The story is good though and I think it's gonna have people guessing right up to the very end.

PapaKiki. Ok, this anime is really nothing special. It doesn't stand out in the least but I'm still really enjoying it. Mainly because of Hina. Hina is freakin' adorable. The episodes are nice and really I just hope for as many scenes with Hina in them as possible :D

Kill Me Baby. Dropped after the first episode. Animation wrecked my head :/

Mirai Nikki has really picked up again (bit slow around mid season). Can't wait to see the last few episodes and how it's gonna end!

Advertisement