Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduations 2011

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Anyone know when they are on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd like to know that myself and I'm gonna take a guess the first week of November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

INEEDANID wrote: »
    Anyone know when they are on?
    mars bar wrote: »
    I'd like to know that myself and I'm gonna take a guess the first week of November.
    2nd,3rd, 4th november
    http://www.lit.ie/Calendar/default.aspx

Wonder will we get a letter saying what course is when...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Got my letter today for Nov 2nd :D

baza1976 wrote: »
    Got my letter today for Nov 2nd :D

Likewise. Feckin' early though. 10 am!

Debating whether to go to it at all. So much hassle organizing staying the night before and the night of the graduation and I might have an interview for a course in Dublin that same week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Likewise. Feckin' early though. 10 am!

Debating whether to go to it at all. So much hassle organizing staying the night before and the night of the graduation and I might have an interview for a course in Dublin that same week...

10-11:30 for me too!

€25 for the rental of the gown btw.

Mars Bar you might as well go, it's a once-off like, will be a nice picture for the wall at least!

Gadge wrote: »
    10-11:30 for me too!

€25 for the rental of the gown btw.

Mars Bar you might as well go, it's a once-off like, will be a nice picture for the wall at least!

I wonder how many they are running together?

Yeah it's a picture I dread taking and the thought of going up on stage in front of all of those people scares the bejaysus outta me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

I wonder how many they are running together?

Yeah it's a picture I dread taking and the thought of going up on stage in front of all of those people scares the bejaysus outta me! :o

Heh I was the same, was NOT looking forward to it.

We're in the same department I think (I do electronics) so that's probably why we're on at the same time.

Here's a video of last years' Electronics grads, you'll see that it's probably not as huge as you thought, and it's all over in a few seconds!

There's no steps? Phew. :o

I got my interview for Dublin on Monday so there is a possibility that course will have started by the time of the graduation. It's hard to call coz the letter to confirm whether you are going to it or not has to be in on Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭HHH

Anyone know which company does the LIT cap & gowns? I missed mine last year and I want to get a photo done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Is it necessary to order the robes? and what about the photos? Do they all need to be booked in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

There can be a bit of a push on the day (so I've heard!) so its better to order them at least 3 days before graduation, and to collect them at least 30 minutes before the cermony - this is all going on the supplier guidelines. The site takes laser too.

The actual LIT package says to arrive 2 hours beforehand if you havent booked anything. No idea about the photos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Any suggestions of a nice place for lunch on Graduation Day. Around 2pm. Plain food ie turkey/beef and not overly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Tried to hire gown Wednesday evening, thursday & friday. Eventually got through on the phone friday morning. They said I should go to LIT early wednesday morning there should be some gowns available. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

There today....recommend bringing coffee...bosses speech verrrrry yawn yawn. She could liven herself up a notch or two in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

kob29 wrote: »
    There today....recommend bringing coffee...bosses speech verrrrry yawn yawn. She could liven herself up a notch or two in all fairness.

True that... An hour and a half that I coulda done without!

Booking those robes online mean it's €2 cheaper, but they charge a €3 credit card charge... I just went in early lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hughberto

Well done lads they were all in my class. Hope ye're all doing well now. I'm still stuck here in LIT grrrr. I repeated 2nd year twice. very bad.

Advertisement