Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beatport

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Do many of you use beatport in a non-DJ sense?

It was reccomended to me a couple of weeks ago and I created an account and think it's a fantastic website for tunes.

I also downloaded the App but dont seem to be able to buy songs and download them directly to the phone.

Anyone else have this difficulty and/or anyone have a solution to this problem.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks,

Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Beatport doesn't offer a discount for buying an entire release, as opposed to a single track.

Fo me, buying music in a 'non-DJ' sense would mean buying full releases. So no, I don't use it that way.

There's also no quality control with Beatport. They'll let anyone on board. Compare that to Boomkat, where there is virtually no commercial music.

Beatport is handy if you know what you're looking for, and if the individual track is competitively priced. But if you're buying full releases, or are browsing for new music, then you're better off looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeah i use beatport, to check what the charts are like, find something im after then use inevil to dl it.

Advertisement