Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So confused about college :/

Options
  • 03-10-2011 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Right.. Totally new to the site and apologies if I put this somewhere weird. :)
    Okay well I'm in my first year in college studying Tourism, and I'm starting to realise that I'd rather be doing Journalism or an English based course. So I'm planning to drop out of college and repeat the Leaving Cert to get the points for Journalism this time around.
    Firstly, would anyone know any way to tell my parents my plans, cuz they will definitely go crazy? I don't wanna be stuck in a course that I'm not happy with, and have no plans whatsoever to pursue it after college. My parents will go absolutely crazy either way though. :/
    And secondly, is it all a good idea? I'm really scared I'm making a mistake :( but I've realised I've no real interest in this course I'm doing and I'm prepared to do a repeat to hopefully get the points this time around, and I have to decide soon as there's very little places left in the repeat Leaving classes since I've left it this long. Anyone wanna unconfuse me? Thankyou :)
    Tagged:

Advertisement