Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Doctor on Sports Injuries

Options
  • 02-10-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good doctor to see about a sports injury particularly running?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mark Van Drumm I think his name is in the Corbally Clinic. He is physio for Limerick GAA and Garryowen RFC

Helped me with my ankle grade 2 sprain - recovered successfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I had him to help me recover from an acl op (cruciate) 10 years ago. He was good for that. I don't know what he be like for running injuries. I've went through so many physios with running issues and have yet to locate one who can understand running injuries. Might be best to check athletics furom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Mid-West Physio Theropy in Castletroy near the Castletroy Park Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mark Van Drumm I think his name is in the Corbally Clinic. He is physio for Limerick GAA and Garryowen RFC

Helped me with my ankle grade 2 sprain - recovered successfully

+1 for Mark Van Drumpt found him very good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

SEORG wrote: »
    +1 for Mark Van Drumpt found him very good.

I have to say I didn't, he diagnosed me with achilles tendonitis, which turned out to be a dislocated ankle. I eventually found out through Tony in the Pain Relief Clinic in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Running injuries - try United physio for johnson Mcelvoy. Sorted out a ongoing Achilles tendonosis issue with complete success. Thing about physios is theres wayyy too many mediocre ones about who treat symptoms. Thats like putting a plaster on a knife wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Whoever you go with make sure they are a chartered physio! They are the ones that can probably diagnose what is wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement