Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations Na Piarsaigh, County Senior Hurling Champions 2011.

Options
  • 02-10-2011 5:04pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Little bit of history for the lads today, winning the first Senior Hurling title in the club's history. They were favourites going into it, even though Ahane have won the same Championship more than any other club in the county.

Shane Dowling won Man of the Match with 1-10 to his name, including a second half penalty. Kevin Ryan turned an Ahane penalty over the bar in the first half.

2-18 to 0-13 is the result.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Class, lot of hard work done there over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Well done to a fantastic club.
    The people involved over the years are a credit to the game.
    It was only a matter of time until they won the senior crown.
    Great to see the game at an all time high in the city.
    They are contesting 4 other titles U21,U18,U16,U14 and all premier grades.
    Na Piarsaigh are no flash in the pan,they will be around for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

great result for a relatively young club, only about 40 yrs old I think. With all those other county finals to be contested by NaP, things certainly look towards a great future for them. Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Well done Na Piarsaigh, good to see clubs starting to re-emerge in the city.
    Limerick GAA needs a strong city division to thrive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Best captain's speech I've ever heard!

There's a minute or so missing from the start though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

They wear the same colours as Dublin, sure ye gotta love them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

A bit paranoid with his speech, there was nobody "laughing" at them in 2009 when they lost by 17 points, I wonder did he have a speech pre written that time around?!

Good side though, could dominate in Limerick this decade, and they are actually in line to win all the top level competitions in the county this year (U14, U16, minor, U21, senior, and they are still in contention for the junior championship). They do great work at underage level, they are supposed to have massive numbers training at underage and it's good to see that work finally pay off with a well deserved county title. I'd back them to win the Munster championship too, best of luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not a huge GAA follower but I was delighted to hear that a city club won the championship and ever better as it was their first time winning it, it's always good to have a new name on the cup. Hopefully, it will help the county in having better results in the fight for McCarthy.

Congratulations to Na Piarsaigh and best of luck in the All Ireland Club Championship.

Advertisement