Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Pro - Battery & Screen Calibration

Options
  • 02-10-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few posts around Boards suggesting it's a good idea to calibrate your Macbook Battery. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? Does it involve anything technical?

Also when deciding on Glossy vs. Antiglare someone suggested that having the screen calibrated is really important with the overall picture. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this also.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance. Nothing particularly technically about it, but there is a point about the necessity (or lack thereof) to calibrate Macbooks with built-in batteries which you should take note of. Although, you'd be better off waiting for someone who knows more about Macbooks than me to reply since I'm fairly new to them :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DubDJ wrote: »
    Also when deciding on Glossy vs. Antiglare someone suggested that having the screen calibrated is really important with the overall picture. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this also.

Something like this is great for monitor/screen calibration - http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-mc-s3elite.php

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As explained in the link above, calibrating the battery is as simple as draining it down to nothing until the machine automatically turns off, then charging it back up to full. You shouldn't do this more than once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks for the help.

I've a 2011 Macbook Pro so it seems calibration isn't a problem for me.

Screen wise, I don't fancy paying $229 to calibrate it properly. I thought it would be a simple enough thing to do. So I think i'll just leave it as is.

Thanks for the info lads :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DubDJ wrote: »
    Screen wise, I don't fancy paying $229 to calibrate it properly. I thought it would be a simple enough thing to do. So I think i'll just leave it as is.

If you know any photographers near you, they may allow you to borrow theirs, so you can calibrate your screen. It only takes a few min to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Paulw wrote: »
    If you know any photographers near you, they may allow you to borrow theirs, so you can calibrate your screen. It only takes a few min to do.

Thanks of the heads up mate, I have one or two mates who are photographers, although no professionally. I'll give them a try.

Advertisement