Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid Response Car

Options
  • 02-10-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

What qualifications do you need to drive the rapid response car for doctor
    On call?

EMT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Janet1986 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

What qualifications do you need to drive the rapid response car for doctor
    On call?

EMT?

Are you talk about Shannon doc or south doc or something??

If so then no qualification is needed bar a B licence. (these vehicles would not be classed as rapid response vehicles either)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

The Limerick area.

I think i'm getting confused with the ambulance cars the advanced paramedics drive :o

Janet1986 wrote: »
    The Limerick area.

I think i'm getting confused with the ambulance cars the advanced paramedics drive :o

No bother. HSE response cars are driven by Officers, Advanced Paramedics or Paramedics. The latter two being frontline, lone response vehicles.

EMTs can only do non critical patient transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

brickvan wrote: »
    but it was good enough 4 years ago for EMTs to transport critically ill people, now all health board and DFB former EMTs are poncing about with paramedic titles, yet the difference between then and EMTs is very small, few extra drugs thats all, our paramedics would be laughed at for their skill level in relation to their status in other countries.

Wow...what a thoroughly ignorant and uneducated post.

In an obvious display of your ignorance, it may surprise you to hear that the Paramedic qualification from Ireland is actually highly regarded internationally, as is the Advanced Paramedic. It is a 2 year Diploma to "ponce" about as a Paramedic...and there is quite a substantial difference in skill set, knowledge and most of all, experience level between a PHECC Registered EMT and a PHECC Registered Paramedic not just a "few extra drugs".

Maybe try having a read through some previous posts here on this forum before posting such rubbish in future...a Paramedic is not a fixed skill set internationally - perhaps you'd like to laugh at Primary Care Paramedics in Ontario, or Ambulance Officer/Paramedics in NW Australia - who have almost identical skill sets to Irish Paramedics.

Sorry, must go, poncing about to be done! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

coolmoose wrote: »
    Wow...what a thoroughly ignorant and uneducated post.

In an obvious display of your ignorance, it may surprise you to hear that the Paramedic qualification from Ireland is actually highly regarded internationally, as is the Advanced Paramedic. It is a 2 year Diploma to "ponce" about as a Paramedic...and there is quite a substantial difference in skill set, knowledge and most of all, experience level between a PHECC Registered EMT and a PHECC Registered Paramedic not just a "few extra drugs".

Maybe try having a read through some previous posts here on this forum before posting such rubbish in future...a Paramedic is not a fixed skill set internationally - perhaps you'd like to laugh at Primary Care Paramedics in Ontario, or Ambulance Officer/Paramedics in NW Australia - who have almost identical skill sets to Irish Paramedics.

Sorry, must go, poncing about to be done! :rolleyes:

Do you get to bring the rrv home at weekends and when you're off?

• Advertisement

scholar007 wrote: »
    Do you get to bring the rrv home at weekends and when you're off?

Officers only I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

Most of the out of hours emergency gp services vehicles in my area are driven by the gps themselves.

The doctor jeep in Cork that is used by the ambulance service has a seperate driver though I think? This is the one I'm on about!
    St.-Patricks-Day-Bantry.jpg

Advertisement