Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas light

Options
  • 02-10-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I was wondering does anyone know why there is one christmas light lighting in o connell street and theres one on at the bottom of thomas street

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

They're there a few months now. Testing them or something aparantly. There's a thread already about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The recession is hitting hard, and its all they can afford to power due to wasting all their money on pointless activities such as paying wages to Limerick Politicians. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spurskiely

Limericks Christmas lights have improved a lot in the last couple of years .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The recession is hitting hard, and its all they can afford to power due to wasting all their money on pointless activities such as paying wages to Limerick Politicians. :D

Or like a local councillor in the Ballinacurra area who was claiming travel expenses using vehicle details of a car that was not even on the road as reported in the Chronicle and Indo this week.

Or how the same councillor put in for €261 travel and food expenses for a meeting at Limerick junction.:rolleyes:

I imagine that he is not the only one putting in for such crazy expenses, so it would suggest that thousands and thousands of euro are being wasted in this manner from the city budget each year.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/exsenator-repaid-euro1700-after-expenses-questioned-2894678.html

I wonder in any other line of work if one claimed such high expenses using the wrong information would one still have a job afterwards, and not just be able to just repay the money when it was questioned.

Advertisement