Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Home Alarm 61 call engineer

Options
  • 02-10-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    My Astec alarm had the fault 61 call engineer flashing. I replaced the battery myself however fault 61 call engineer is still flashing after I powered the system back up. Any ideas why?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try power down the system completely.
    Remove mains power and battery link.
    Power back up with battery first. If it powers up ok then turn mains power back on.
    Fault should not still show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 banana19

Cheers,
    Did that. Powered down the whole system, then reconnected battery, when I tried to power it back up with just the battery the system wouldnt come on not even the key pad LED. When I reconnected with the mains the keypad LED no longer indicates a 61 fault but 'battery' is flashing.???? Could I have bought a dud battery????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the battery is new then it should be charged. I would give it a few hours to see if you can get a charge into the battery. If it does not clear then you are looking at a new battery replacement.

I threw a multi meter on the 'new' battery and it reads 12.5V. The battery I replaced was dead as a door nail though. The system does not come on without the mains power.???? Frustrating...

When you put in the new battery did you put back in the battery link ?

• Advertisement

Can you elaborate on the 'battery link'. I just disconnecte the + and - terminals from the old battery and reconnected them to the new battery. Whats the battery link?
    Thanks

The battery link is located just right of the terminals in the control panel as you look at it. This might have come off when you where changing the battery.

I opened the panel again. I cant see a 'battery link'. What does it look like? I have attahced a jpeg of the panel opened maybe you can point me in the right direction.
    Cheers

It is up the top on the right. It is marked battery.

Here you go.

• Advertisement

Top man, I found it eventually. It was on the top left though! Sorted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No it's top right. That's the factory reset link.

banana19 wrote: »
    Top man, I found it eventually. It was on the top left though! Sorted:D

Top left would be the factory link, top right is the battery link.
    Good to see you have it sorted now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Hi folks,

I'll just crash this thread instead of starting a new one

Does anyone know of a city center location where I could buy one these batteries?

Cheers,

Andy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think Astec (HKC) will still sell direct. They are in the IDA centre Pearse Street.
    If you want to ring them first their number is 016704202.

thanks for the number, they're selling the batteries for €20 - going to pick one up tomorrow.

Good stuff. Any problems installing it you know where we are.:D

KoolKid wrote: »
    Good stuff. Any problems installing it you know where we are.:D
    I'm sitting outside astecs premises for the last hour. I was told over the phone they open at 7.45 each morning - well it's 9am now, doors are locked, not answering the phone, nobody home! Jerks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That's very unusual. I know they're moving up to Ballymount at some stage, maybe they've moved. The crew in Astec are good guys, jerks they are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

revileandy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'll just crash this thread instead of starting a new one

Does anyone know of a city center location where I could buy one these batteries?

Cheers,

Andy
    Phibsboro electric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Symth1

Hi I'm now getting "61 call engineer" message for battery fault on my astec alarm 63dv. Does anyone know anyone in south tipperary who could replace the battery. Dont want to do it myself as I am afraid I will break something

Symth1 wrote: »
    Hi I'm now getting "61 call engineer" message for battery fault on my astec alarm 63dv. Does anyone know anyone in south tipperary who could replace the battery. Dont want to do it myself as I am afraid I will break something

Have a look here for local installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Where can a replacement battery be sourced in Dublin 15?

ESP Security will do a supply and fit for €120 which is very steep

Northwood Technology in Finglas would be close enough to you.

Where can a replacement battery be sourced in Dublin 15?

ESP Security will do a supply and fit for €120 which is very steep

N.E.W. would also have these in stock, they are just in Rosemount Business Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Muglins

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone tell me where to go to get advice on a Meridian 2 (Aritech CP32) panel ?
    Bought a Honeywell AG6 Bell Box but I read in installation instructions I need to have a resistor and a diode installed on tamper return if it is an Irish panel.

Unable to start new thread on Boards.ie.

Many thanks in advance.

Muglins wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone tell me where to go to get advice on a Meridian 2 (Aritech CP32) panel ?
    Bought a Honeywell AG6 Bell Box but I read in installation instructions I need to have a resistor and a diode installed on tamper return if it is an Irish panel.

Unable to start new thread on Boards.ie.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent you a P.M. re than manual, has the connections you need for adding a bell to that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Muglins

Altor,
    Thanks for your help with manual.
    I will put that 4k7 resistor in line (series) on TR and see how I get on.
    I'm not sure why they say I should have a diode too.
    Many thanks. You're a gent.

Muglins wrote: »
    Altor,
    Thanks for your help with manual.
    I will put that 4k7 resistor in line (series) on TR and see how I get on.
    I'm not sure why they say I should have a diode too.
    Many thanks. You're a gent.

That is no problem, any other questions let us know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement