Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Cut Pro 7 - SLOW Rendering

Options
  • 02-10-2011 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

I recently bought a MACBook to use with final cut. Its 2.26ghz wth 4GB ram. Works fine but rendering seems to take a long time I was working with a simple 8 minute project it was just home DV footage and I only did basic color correction but it took about 18minutes to render.

My graphics card is nvidea gforce 9400

Why is it so slow. Is the graphics card the problem? Does my cpu need to be faster. Or somthing else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

bluevelvet wrote: »
    Hi

I was working with a simple 8 minute project it was just home DV footage and I only did basic color correction but it took about 18minutes to render.

That's not a long render time, basically twice the programme duartion. Normally I set all renders going at night or on the weekend if I have a lot and let them work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Hi

I recently bought a MACBook to use with final cut. Its 2.26ghz wth 4GB ram. Works fine but rendering seems to take a long time I was working with a simple 8 minute project it was just home DV footage and I only did basic color correction but it took about 18minutes to render.

My graphics card is nvidea gforce 9400

Why is it so slow. Is the graphics card the problem? Does my cpu need to be faster. Or somthing else?

Nothing unusual about that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think processing power is the main priority, I'm not sure how big a role GCard plays, I know with after effects on the PC the GCards main benefit is with real time rendering and effects if you have a Nvidia card.

After that I think it's down to the speed of your hard drives and the amount of ram you have.

I have a 3.2ghz processor and rendering out straight footage without to many effects in HD is faster than real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

I've actually solved the problem since. The porblem was the codec of the video I was working with. After I ripped the movie from dvd whatever format I was ripping it to (Probably H.264 or MPEG I cant remember) It was too slow. Sombody advised I export the movie as AppleProRes 422 . That resulted in a 27GB (for 50min movie file) But it worked perfectly in final cut. Even scrubbing through the video was very fast so I always edit in that format now.

Thanks everybody for your advice :)

Advertisement